Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I think;

Moving to Europe after my child is born is the best idea. (Not gonna happen, but it'd be nice.) At least until the crash of America finally is complete and the Country starts rebuilding. Guess what guys? Occupy better turn into a revolution soon, or we all might die this time.

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
mstevens10
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:14 AM
3 moms liked this
Europe isn't doing any better...

But if you feel that way then get your @$$ on over there and don't come back. America needs PROUD citizens not SHAMEFUL ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

thinking you may have a better life in another country is not an un-American idea...in fact this country was founded on that idea..every single ancestor save for the Native Americansand the ones brought here in slavery that we coem from came here because of that idea. its pretty much as American as it comesthen if you break it down that way. there is nothingwrong with disliking where you are, there is nothing wrong with wanting to move from where you are. i am personally sick and tired of all the negativity and selfishness that is happening here. its like the majority of people lost their f-ing minds after this last election and it is sickening to see grown 'civilised' people say the things they do here. i love this country for what it should be and can be but not for what it is right now in this current moment.

my husband has fought for this country too..he has been in 14 years. he fought for the freedoms we have here and that includes the ability to speak out against what you dislike. this isn't china we can down the government and notbe shot for it or reported for it. if you look at the progression charts there are many places that you actually can have it better in than America. we aren't nearthe top ten in alot of things now. look and see where we are rated on gender equality, child death, life expectancy, overall contentment, education, health care...we are lacking severely.

Quoting s.k.smommy:

good riddance. I'm sick of people who think they would have it so much better in another country. My husband risks his life for people like you to make sure you still have your freedom.

brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Quoting TempestRayne:

Ohmmeter. Instead of complaining, why don't you try to help fix things?

I have tried, by voting and speaking my piece, sticking my neck out to help create a revolution that may cause the uproar we need to make a difference to these money hungry mongers! I am going to have a baby in April. My first child. The main fear I have for my child is that by the time he/she is old enough to go somewhere in life, make a name, do something great, our educational system will have become a steaming pile of dung. That the jobs he/she will be doing are mediocre for a life at best. I AM TIRED OF SEEING OUR COUNTRY'S FUTURE, THE CHILDREN OF OUR COUNTRY, going no where. Not because the parents don't teach them the means to, (except those on shows like Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant), not because the channels are not shown to them, or not because they are not given every resource in mind to succeed at anything, but because those channels are falling and burning, the teachings can only take them so far because someone has stepped in and said 'We don't offer this, because too much was taken from us so we can no longer show you how to be what you want to be", and every source they are given to succeed has been corrupted and plagued by a humanity so vile that not even the suffering of their citizens and the downfall of their empire can keep them from being greedy #$@!'s.

brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Me too. I'm tired of being scared of what type of future will be there for my child when they are old enough to experience the world. Plus a little new culture is great for a family!

Btw, your responses are amazing! Thank you for understanding that I am not bashing America as a whole. I'm stating an opinion about a change that we should make before we are too screwed to do anything about it.

Quoting .Pagan.:

oh trust me the thought of moving to some place like Sweden has crossed my mind more than once....we are looking at living in japan in abt a year and half for abt 3 years. it will be nice to take a break and get immersed in anothercountry i think. im just soooo over all the negativity and selfishness that's going on here lately

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Exactly! Great thought! Oh, and to reply to the recession in most other countries, yeah I know, but they still don't rape you monetarily, well not every one of those countries anyway. Norway seems like a good place, or Switzerland. Cold, but a little more friendly to their citizens than we are.

Quoting .Pagan.:

well if you hold out a little bit they are putting abt 25,000 Marines on Australia...then you can work at the base hospital there and it would take American licenses but you could live out on the economy. problem solved ;P

Quoting ffpm10:

Ok!!! I'm in. Hope they accept American paramedic licenses!!!

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting ffpm10:

I want to go To Australia. No one messes with them

One of my best friends lives in Sydney. She says compared to what she experienced here, IT'S AWESOME THERE. Let's go. Pack your bags, get your family, we're living on the reef guys.

sandraberke
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
HOOAH

Quoting militarywife09:

Yes! Exactly!

Quoting s.k.smommy:

good riddance. I'm sick of people who think they would have it so much better in another country. My husband risks his life for people like you to make sure you still have your freedom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Quoting mstevens10:

Europe isn't doing any better...

But if you feel that way then get your @$$ on over there and don't come back. America needs PROUD citizens not SHAMEFUL ones.

BTW, if you'd read my other responses, you'd realize this response for my post is terribly... unnecissary and semi-redundant on a topic we are not discussing. Please refer back to my posts from this morning and maybe you will understand my view point.

Or just continue to act like the people of America I am talking about. :) Cause that got our country somewhere XD! Like... down the drain.

sandraberke
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Btw i take it veeeeery personally when someone says stuff like this..my husband literally broke his back defending the u.s. and its ppl. me and my family will have to live with it far after the war is over with and everything "gets better"ive seen not only my father but also my husband go off to war..one in OIF and one to OEIF/OEAF...so if u wanna go then go...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:35 AM

it isn't pretty to look at..and many have been told that if they speak negativity then they must be Marxist,Communist, Hitler loving anti-Americans. its not true. people that look around and saw things that needed to be changed is what progressed America to where it once was however lately there seems to be a vote for regression and that's not good. the more you learn the more you will see the problems. we are heading back to the Rockefeller days when a few families ruled the roost and the rest of them just got by. but the problem is soo many here are prob scratching their heads about the reference to the Rockefeller's they have no clue abt how deep it all runs here now and the problems this caused 'back in the day'. that 'corporations are people' has led to them being able to throw millions of dollars behind campaigns and not have to disclose it. this meas they can buy the politicians quite literally and we will never know. this is why when i vote i look at their voting records..i never listen to the speeches because they don't means squat.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Me too. I'm tired of being scared of what type of future will be there for my child when they are old enough to experience the world. Plus a little new culture is great for a family!

Btw, your responses are amazing! Thank you for understanding that I am not bashing America as a whole. I'm stating an opinion about a change that we should make before we are too screwed to do anything about it.

Quoting .Pagan.:

oh trust me the thought of moving to some place like Sweden has crossed my mind more than once....we are looking at living in japan in abt a year and half for abt 3 years. it will be nice to take a break and get immersed in anothercountry i think. im just soooo over all the negativity and selfishness that's going on here lately

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Exactly! Great thought! Oh, and to reply to the recession in most other countries, yeah I know, but they still don't rape you monetarily, well not every one of those countries anyway. Norway seems like a good place, or Switzerland. Cold, but a little more friendly to their citizens than we are.

Quoting .Pagan.:

well if you hold out a little bit they are putting abt 25,000 Marines on Australia...then you can work at the base hospital there and it would take American licenses but you could live out on the economy. problem solved ;P

Quoting ffpm10:

Ok!!! I'm in. Hope they accept American paramedic licenses!!!

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting ffpm10:

I want to go To Australia. No one messes with them

One of my best friends lives in Sydney. She says compared to what she experienced here, IT'S AWESOME THERE. Let's go. Pack your bags, get your family, we're living on the reef guys.

brkr082005
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM
To each their own. I just think no matter where you go there is good and bad in everything. People tend to think if they leave to avoid problems, then that is it. Not always the case. I am proud to be an American. Let's face it... In the course of history we have seen this country in bad shape, but we've overcome. People in other countries try to do whatever it takes to come here. Why? We are the land of opportunity. I think the leadership we have and the media is what messed this country up!!! We all have a choice, step aside and spectate or get out there and make whatever difference you can! Btw- our votes mean nothing. Voting is just to make us feel like we did our part. The president is already picked. No doubt. Whatever you decide, be safe and well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Quoting sandraberke:

Btw i take it veeeeery personally when someone says stuff like this..my husband literally broke his back defending the u.s. and its ppl. me and my family will have to live with it far after the war is over with and everything "gets better"ive seen not only my father but also my husband go off to war..one in OIF and one to OEIF/OEAF...so if u wanna go then go...

Which I understand and I'm sorry that he was permanently afflicted by the wars. I've lost people in the War. People dear to me. I can't get them back. So I understand at least part of your pain. On the other hand, before several of my friends were lost, we had conversations regarding how horrible this country has been treating them. Not paying them on time, taking away their benefits and the benefits of their family. I am not talking about the men and women of our services, or the country as a whole. I'm speaking of our Government and the lack of general caring and support that the higherups in this country have for the citizens. I love America and what we stand for. I love the men and women who serve to keep us great. I hate the people that are running us into the ground and making us a horrible place to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN