Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I think;

Moving to Europe after my child is born is the best idea. (Not gonna happen, but it'd be nice.) At least until the crash of America finally is complete and the Country starts rebuilding. Guess what guys? Occupy better turn into a revolution soon, or we all might die this time.

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Replies (91-100):
prissypoptart
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree that America is in hot water, but I definately don't want to leave. I would much rather stay here and support my brothers and sisters if we do fall. God bless the USA. There are so many dividing factors in our government. I'm not sick of America.. I'm just sick of our government
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessie82087
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:20 PM

It's a combination of a LOT of things that has turned our country into what it is. It's hard to pinpoint one exact thing. I do think that the government needs to get their hands out of big business, because that's the biggest issue we're having. If a business can pay off the Congress, or fund a campaign, then they can get special breaks on certain laws and regulations.

I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting to be entitled with SOME assistance, especially for those who have worked their entire lives to pay into it. You obviously have a very different idea of what "entitled" means. I think somebody should be ENTITLED to something they worked hard for and were PROMISED (like a pension, or social security). 

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Unemployment rates are more a combination of bad choices by individuals and overreaching by the government that create a hostile environment for businesses. Unemployment in my area is about 5% because government stays out of the way of businesses. Anyone who wants a job here, has one. There is plenty of opportunity still to be had, but it might not be on the beaches of Southern California (where I'm from originally).

Your post is kind of contradictory. You go back and forth between claiming that it's about government greed and then blaming it on outsourcing. I agree that government has it's hand in a few too many pockets, but we've given them permission to do so by allowing tax hike after tax hike and demanding so much in the form of entitlements.

Quoting jessie82087:

I love how whenever somebody complains about the GOVERNMENT in this country (which is corrupt and running us into the ground), everybody with a connection to the military starts crying "but my husband risks his life for you!" Can't you people see this has NOTHING to do with the military, or the soldiers, or your husbands. This has to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. The city I live in has an unemployment rate of 18.9%. That is RIDICULOUS. And it's all down to the same thing-government corruption and greed. I work HARD, and still BARELY make it by paycheck to paycheck. My Df has been looking for work for YEARS and there is nothing out there. Because our jobs are being outsourced to other countries so big corporations don't have to pay as much money. It's more money in their pockets, and these same people turn around and want to take away welfare for the single mother, and take away disability from the VETERAN who fought for the country.

I appreciate everything our soldiers do. To all the military wives, please thank your husbands for me for all that they have done. I don't want to leave the country, because I love it here. But it makes me SICK to see our country being run into the ground. Hard work doesn't matter anymore. This ISN'T the land of opportunity anymore.

brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I'm not whining because he's not getting a fair handout. I'm whining because he cannot get insurance to help him with his everday needs. I work 50+ hours a week to support my family. I do not waste my opportunity at all. I do not want a financial handout, if you read, I was complaining that he does not get insurance because they denied him. We are not married so he cannot be on mine. Read thoroughly.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Maybe if we all didn't carry around that entitled attitude we wouldn't be in such a financial hole. Maybe we should go back to taking care of ourselves and our families. America still is the land of opportunity, but all those people that whine about needing their "fair" handouts from the government (welfare, unemployment, disability, the list goes on) are wasting that opportunity.

You can't complain about losing rights and privacy and then in the next breath want more handouts. Either you want our government to act like your benevolent daddy or you don't.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I never said anything about freedom? Can you read? Do I have my rights? Some of them. What happened to privacy? Gone. Hello?! I am grateful for what I have left, but you still cannot seem to get unthickheaded enough to understand the words that are being typed. My disabled SO cannot get disability because our government says he does not deserve it. He had his left leg amputated and people are walking around with nothing wrong with them getting a check. He can't even get insurance to buy a new leg if something were to happen to the one he has now. Is that fair? Is it fair that my grandmother who was a military nurse for her whole life had her military pension taken away because they felt she no longer needed it?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Who took your freedom away? The ability to even SAY fuck America....did someone tell you you couldn't? NO? Didn't think so. Do you still have your rights? Most certainly you do. How about you be GRATEFUL for what we do have here, even if things don't look so great right now. Fair weather patriotism pisses me off. You wanna go see how much better London has it? Go. Dublin? Go. Hell, I'd love to move back mysself but for VERY different reasons.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I'm not just complaining. We are afforded so much. Why I am stating these things, yet again, is because what we originally were afforded and blessed with in this country IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM US BY OUR OWN PEOPLE. IT'S UNFAIR AND UNJUST.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Thy don't like our ATTITUDE. We are afforded so much here and people like you do nothing but complain. The grass isn't much greener on the other side.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I seriously cannot stand hearing Americans say that. I lived in Europe and guess what??? They don't really like us!! Can't say that I blame them. Honestly people are more loyal to their sports teams than their own country. Smdh.

I know they don't like us! Guess why? Because of what we do to our people and the people around us. I love the idea of America. I love the country itself, but as far as the ways of living we follow, what we let our leaders to do us, and how we've been 'acting' these past 10 years, I can't really say I blame them.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM

We definitely do have different ideas of what we are entitled to. I believe that we are only really entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Everything else should be up to us.

en·ti·tle·ment/enˈtītlmənt/

Noun:
  1. The fact of having a right to something.
  2. The amount to which a person has a right.

Quoting jessie82087:

It's a combination of a LOT of things that has turned our country into what it is. It's hard to pinpoint one exact thing. I do think that the government needs to get their hands out of big business, because that's the biggest issue we're having. If a business can pay off the Congress, or fund a campaign, then they can get special breaks on certain laws and regulations.

I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting to be entitled with SOME assistance, especially for those who have worked their entire lives to pay into it. You obviously have a very different idea of what "entitled" means. I think somebody should be ENTITLED to something they worked hard for and were PROMISED (like a pension, or social security). 

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Unemployment rates are more a combination of bad choices by individuals and overreaching by the government that create a hostile environment for businesses. Unemployment in my area is about 5% because government stays out of the way of businesses. Anyone who wants a job here, has one. There is plenty of opportunity still to be had, but it might not be on the beaches of Southern California (where I'm from originally).

Your post is kind of contradictory. You go back and forth between claiming that it's about government greed and then blaming it on outsourcing. I agree that government has it's hand in a few too many pockets, but we've given them permission to do so by allowing tax hike after tax hike and demanding so much in the form of entitlements.

Quoting jessie82087:

I love how whenever somebody complains about the GOVERNMENT in this country (which is corrupt and running us into the ground), everybody with a connection to the military starts crying "but my husband risks his life for you!" Can't you people see this has NOTHING to do with the military, or the soldiers, or your husbands. This has to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. The city I live in has an unemployment rate of 18.9%. That is RIDICULOUS. And it's all down to the same thing-government corruption and greed. I work HARD, and still BARELY make it by paycheck to paycheck. My Df has been looking for work for YEARS and there is nothing out there. Because our jobs are being outsourced to other countries so big corporations don't have to pay as much money. It's more money in their pockets, and these same people turn around and want to take away welfare for the single mother, and take away disability from the VETERAN who fought for the country.

I appreciate everything our soldiers do. To all the military wives, please thank your husbands for me for all that they have done. I don't want to leave the country, because I love it here. But it makes me SICK to see our country being run into the ground. Hard work doesn't matter anymore. This ISN'T the land of opportunity anymore.

i.m.r.
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Canadas not any better just saying. Harper is evil.

Quoting MissErinB:

My SO hates America. He wants to move to either Canada or Europe (preferred).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hempmommy87
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM

The American dream is a big fat lie. 

GirlWSlingshot
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM

So marrying him to get him on your insurance couldn't possibly correct the situation. And you didn't just reference the insurance. You were also upset about him not getting disability when other people get it. That, madam, is a handout.  I read quite thoroughly. You might want to reread your own statements before questioning someone else's reading comprehension.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I'm not whining because he's not getting a fair handout. I'm whining because he cannot get insurance to help him with his everday needs. I work 50+ hours a week to support my family. I do not waste my opportunity at all. I do not want a financial handout, if you read, I was complaining that he does not get insurance because they denied him. We are not married so he cannot be on mine. Read thoroughly.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Maybe if we all didn't carry around that entitled attitude we wouldn't be in such a financial hole. Maybe we should go back to taking care of ourselves and our families. America still is the land of opportunity, but all those people that whine about needing their "fair" handouts from the government (welfare, unemployment, disability, the list goes on) are wasting that opportunity.

You can't complain about losing rights and privacy and then in the next breath want more handouts. Either you want our government to act like your benevolent daddy or you don't.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I never said anything about freedom? Can you read? Do I have my rights? Some of them. What happened to privacy? Gone. Hello?! I am grateful for what I have left, but you still cannot seem to get unthickheaded enough to understand the words that are being typed. My disabled SO cannot get disability because our government says he does not deserve it. He had his left leg amputated and people are walking around with nothing wrong with them getting a check. He can't even get insurance to buy a new leg if something were to happen to the one he has now. Is that fair? Is it fair that my grandmother who was a military nurse for her whole life had her military pension taken away because they felt she no longer needed it?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Who took your freedom away? The ability to even SAY fuck America....did someone tell you you couldn't? NO? Didn't think so. Do you still have your rights? Most certainly you do. How about you be GRATEFUL for what we do have here, even if things don't look so great right now. Fair weather patriotism pisses me off. You wanna go see how much better London has it? Go. Dublin? Go. Hell, I'd love to move back mysself but for VERY different reasons.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I'm not just complaining. We are afforded so much. Why I am stating these things, yet again, is because what we originally were afforded and blessed with in this country IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM US BY OUR OWN PEOPLE. IT'S UNFAIR AND UNJUST.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Thy don't like our ATTITUDE. We are afforded so much here and people like you do nothing but complain. The grass isn't much greener on the other side.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I seriously cannot stand hearing Americans say that. I lived in Europe and guess what??? They don't really like us!! Can't say that I blame them. Honestly people are more loyal to their sports teams than their own country. Smdh.

I know they don't like us! Guess why? Because of what we do to our people and the people around us. I love the idea of America. I love the country itself, but as far as the ways of living we follow, what we let our leaders to do us, and how we've been 'acting' these past 10 years, I can't really say I blame them.

brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Either way you proved my point. Not once have I made a hypocritical statement against anything I have said! XDD HAHAHA whatever.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

No, I was not talking to you like you're dumb. Ill informed, yes. Showing you a different perspective. Yup. You my dear, flat out called me thick headed (I think that was your attempt) and implied that I can't read. I can, in fact, read quite well. I just choose to ignore blatant immaturity. Besides, I'm not the one who made a post about how unfair our country is and the treatment within it. Soooooo...who's the hypocrite now?

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Says the woman who was talking to me like I was dumb. Hypocrite.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I am sorry you're family is going through so much. But again, moving wouldn't make it any better. And I still don't care for this extremist attitude, nor for the borderline insults below. This is where this quote tree ends. I won't go back and forth with someone who complains about the treatment of others and 5 minutes later treats a fellow American like an idiot.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Fuck u too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Yep yep. My family is from Canada. I love Canada, but no country is perfect. Canada has it's fair share of problems.

Quoting i.m.r.:

Canadas not any better just saying. Harper is evil.

Quoting MissErinB:

My SO hates America. He wants to move to either Canada or Europe (preferred).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN