Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think;

Moving to Europe after my child is born is the best idea. (Not gonna happen, but it'd be nice.) At least until the crash of America finally is complete and the Country starts rebuilding. Guess what guys? Occupy better turn into a revolution soon, or we all might die this time.

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Replies (121-128):
SarahLynn0315
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's sad that the banks, corporations, and governments influence in the destruction of our countrys economy has been ignored.

Research, people. It will open your eyes to a whole new world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:32 PM

O.k.

midjet117
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:36 PM

THANK YOU!! atleast someone else who knows why we are in this economic down turn.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

The same place the banks that lied to people went. You're right some people did it because they felt they could. But most of the banks are getting in trouble because of wrongfully approving these mortgages and loans, as well as tricking their customers into getting them. Occupy is just not about that though, it's also about how they said no more wealth for the wealthy, and they're still getting unnecessary bonuses, taking tax money and turning it into their pocket money, etc. It's about standing up for you and what you are paying for.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

They probably shouldn't have taken a mortgage they couldn't afford. Where the hell did presonal responsibility go?

Quoting midjet117:

the banks are the straw that broke the camels back. They gave out loans with low payments, that as time went by, raised. After a while ppl could not keep up with with the raising costs of thair mortgages. That caused alot of foreclosures, and then the failure of the bigger banks.

Quoting Cyn_:

I dont wanna sound ummm stupid, or empty minded, but what's the reason behind the whole occupy thing?

Megankae
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 5:26 AM
You wouldnt actually want to go to europe. We live in Germany and i fucking hate it. Every minute were here i love America more and more. You have no idea how nice it is back home until you move some where really different for a while.

Its nice to know my husband will be gone for a year fighting for people who really enjoy thier freedom in the states.

By the way, every where is in a recession and living in Europe costs twice as much as in the states, learn how to convert your money. And actually do research before deciding something like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda6197
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I wanna move to Canada
moonhorse
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:36 PM
I plan on moving to my husband's country (he's from the Middle East) when we get our marriage legal under his country's laws. My friend who is also American is leaving and going to Denmark (her finacee's country) as soon as she gets her degree in International Business. I can't remember why but I told Ali one time I wanted to get rid of my American citizenship because I was ashamed to be an American (something to do with what our country did to another country). Even though I had nothing to do with the whites European expansion of Manifest Destiny and the butchering/genocide of thousands of innocent Native Americans I still feel guilty (and I'm white) just as I feel guilty for our country taking part in buying/kidnapping thousands of innocent men, women and children from Africa to be sold as slaves in America, mainly in the South-even though many Africans were actually POWS and kidnapped by neighboring tribes where they were already slaves. I can see why our allies and the rest of the world hate us, our government acts like they are the only country that matters, they stick their nose in places it doesn't belong, needlessly start wars (i.e. Iraq) with innocent people and then bankrupt that country/kill that country's people, act like 'democracy' is the only way and American's version of 'democracy' is the only way, and all our other fucked up politics. Our government is raising college tuition too high every year (my friend's fiancee gets free education in Denmark, my husband's country/area of the world their education from K-12th grade is free for all citizens and if you do good in high school you can get a scholarship that you don't have to pay back at all to study abroad). My friend and I were saying how we wish America could be like that. I remember she said when we were talking that America sucks which I thought was just hilarious. I often tell Ali that I wouldn't be suprised if we pissed off somebody enough to go into another nuclear war. We almost went to war with Russia for a second time, we still haven't managed to unite Korea which we messed up, Afghanistan is a total mess because they've been in a war since the damn soviets decided to try invading it in the '80s, UN separated Sudan into 2 countries, our elderly can't even retire because social security and retirement is slowly evaporating out of existence, our people can't even afford health care, pretty soon only the rich and upper middle class will be able to go to college with the way tuition gets jacked up all the time, the gap between poor and rich is gradually getting wider, businesses get bailouts and politicans can get away with murder technically (all they need to do is pay a ton of money to make it disappear), our people can't feel safe anywhere in this country due to the high crime rates seepng into every last part of the country (except maybe Alaska), it's just a huge mess. We're destroying our country quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if we went into another depression. We're behind many countries in terms of universal health care, free and GOOD education, etc.

Angelica and Ali (10/19/2006).  Grandmother to Abdullah (7/9/2011).

Mu'min of Knowledge

GirlWSlingshot
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:40 PM

The Middle East has such a sparkling history of civil rights, particularly for women. No country is without blood in its past, but I prefer to look at what they're attempting to make of their past.

I wish this post had just been allowed to die as it deserved.

Quoting moonhorse:

I plan on moving to my husband's country (he's from the Middle East) when we get our marriage legal under his country's laws. My friend who is also American is leaving and going to Denmark (her finacee's country) as soon as she gets her degree in International Business. I can't remember why but I told Ali one time I wanted to get rid of my American citizenship because I was ashamed to be an American (something to do with what our country did to another country). Even though I had nothing to do with the whites European expansion of Manifest Destiny and the butchering/genocide of thousands of innocent Native Americans I still feel guilty (and I'm white) just as I feel guilty for our country taking part in buying/kidnapping thousands of innocent men, women and children from Africa to be sold as slaves in America, mainly in the South-even though many Africans were actually POWS and kidnapped by neighboring tribes where they were already slaves. I can see why our allies and the rest of the world hate us, our government acts like they are the only country that matters, they stick their nose in places it doesn't belong, needlessly start wars (i.e. Iraq) with innocent people and then bankrupt that country/kill that country's people, act like 'democracy' is the only way and American's version of 'democracy' is the only way, and all our other fucked up politics. Our government is raising college tuition too high every year (my friend's fiancee gets free education in Denmark, my husband's country/area of the world their education from K-12th grade is free for all citizens and if you do good in high school you can get a scholarship that you don't have to pay back at all to study abroad). My friend and I were saying how we wish America could be like that. I remember she said when we were talking that America sucks which I thought was just hilarious. I often tell Ali that I wouldn't be suprised if we pissed off somebody enough to go into another nuclear war. We almost went to war with Russia for a second time, we still haven't managed to unite Korea which we messed up, Afghanistan is a total mess because they've been in a war since the damn soviets decided to try invading it in the '80s, UN separated Sudan into 2 countries, our elderly can't even retire because social security and retirement is slowly evaporating out of existence, our people can't even afford health care, pretty soon only the rich and upper middle class will be able to go to college with the way tuition gets jacked up all the time, the gap between poor and rich is gradually getting wider, businesses get bailouts and politicans can get away with murder technically (all they need to do is pay a ton of money to make it disappear), our people can't feel safe anywhere in this country due to the high crime rates seepng into every last part of the country (except maybe Alaska), it's just a huge mess. We're destroying our country quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if we went into another depression. We're behind many countries in terms of universal health care, free and GOOD education, etc.

mightbewrong317
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

yeah...i'd really do your research...i'm not all "America is #1, every other country sucks" but ya know what? It kind of sucks everywhere...for every pro you find out about a different country, there is a con that is probably much worse than any you mght find here.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)