Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I think;

Moving to Europe after my child is born is the best idea. (Not gonna happen, but it'd be nice.) At least until the crash of America finally is complete and the Country starts rebuilding. Guess what guys? Occupy better turn into a revolution soon, or we all might die this time.

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Replies (51-60):
mommyof21989
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

no offense..but why bash america...at least your in a good country...are you reallly thinking of leaving...until it ...so called gets better..?

KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Thy don't like our ATTITUDE. We are afforded so much here and people like you do nothing but complain. The grass isn't much greener on the other side.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I seriously cannot stand hearing Americans say that. I lived in Europe and guess what??? They don't really like us!! Can't say that I blame them. Honestly people are more loyal to their sports teams than their own country. Smdh.

I know they don't like us! Guess why? Because of what we do to our people and the people around us. I love the idea of America. I love the country itself, but as far as the ways of living we follow, what we let our leaders to do us, and how we've been 'acting' these past 10 years, I can't really say I blame them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I'm not just complaining. We are afforded so much. Why I am stating these things, yet again, is because what we originally were afforded and blessed with in this country IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM US BY OUR OWN PEOPLE. IT'S UNFAIR AND UNJUST.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Thy don't like our ATTITUDE. We are afforded so much here and people like you do nothing but complain. The grass isn't much greener on the other side.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I seriously cannot stand hearing Americans say that. I lived in Europe and guess what??? They don't really like us!! Can't say that I blame them. Honestly people are more loyal to their sports teams than their own country. Smdh.

I know they don't like us! Guess why? Because of what we do to our people and the people around us. I love the idea of America. I love the country itself, but as far as the ways of living we follow, what we let our leaders to do us, and how we've been 'acting' these past 10 years, I can't really say I blame them.

tattooedmama126
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:51 AM
I love america. But i do wonder if the way american government is run today is what our fourfathers would want. I do know we need our troops home. Every country has a tough time once in a while so i still have hopes it will get better. I lived in europe as a kid and a few years over there might help. sometimes a little distance makes people appreciate what they have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:57 AM

SEE! You get me.

Quoting tattooedmama126:

I love america. But i do wonder if the way american government is run today is what our fourfathers would want. I do know we need our troops home. Every country has a tough time once in a while so i still have hopes it will get better. I lived in europe as a kid and a few years over there might help. sometimes a little distance makes people appreciate what they have.

xXaggravatedXx
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM

good. riddance.

mommaoftwo
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I fear the changes happening in this country. You can't trust anyone. It is better to have your money under your mattress and a gun at your door. Then put your money in the bank and believe that everything is hunky doory.

My husband and I have recently started using cash for everything. we pay our bills that we have to pay online, online and then take the rest out.

If we could set up a nice little house in the middle of nowhere, with solar power and geothermal heating, and live totally off the grid (except the internet, hence the solar and our cell phones again solar to charge them) In this modern society internet and phones either landline or other, are essential. My phone acts as a hotspot as well, so we wouldn't have any wires , get our mail sent to my inlaw's house. 

You see, I thought the movie, The Village was really cool. (expect the part that they used fear to keep people there) but  I see the internet as a valuable learning tool for my children, and if it weren't for that, and needed to be able to get help in an emergency, I would want to live just like The Village.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Me too. I'm tired of being scared of what type of future will be there for my child when they are old enough to experience the world. Plus a little new culture is great for a family!

Btw, your responses are amazing! Thank you for understanding that I am not bashing America as a whole. I'm stating an opinion about a change that we should make before we are too screwed to do anything about it.

Quoting .Pagan.:

oh trust me the thought of moving to some place like Sweden has crossed my mind more than once....we are looking at living in japan in abt a year and half for abt 3 years. it will be nice to take a break and get immersed in anothercountry i think. im just soooo over all the negativity and selfishness that's going on here lately

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Exactly! Great thought! Oh, and to reply to the recession in most other countries, yeah I know, but they still don't rape you monetarily, well not every one of those countries anyway. Norway seems like a good place, or Switzerland. Cold, but a little more friendly to their citizens than we are.

Quoting .Pagan.:

well if you hold out a little bit they are putting abt 25,000 Marines on Australia...then you can work at the base hospital there and it would take American licenses but you could live out on the economy. problem solved ;P

Quoting ffpm10:

Ok!!! I'm in. Hope they accept American paramedic licenses!!!

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting ffpm10:

I want to go To Australia. No one messes with them

One of my best friends lives in Sydney. She says compared to what she experienced here, IT'S AWESOME THERE. Let's go. Pack your bags, get your family, we're living on the reef guys.

Mommy of FOUR!!

Tara ~ 12.16.03  Zachary ~ 5.17.05  Rowan ~ 1.17.09  Willow ~ 8/10/11

KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Who took your freedom away? The ability to even SAY fuck America....did someone tell you you couldn't? NO? Didn't think so. Do you still have your rights? Most certainly you do. How about you be GRATEFUL for what we do have here, even if things don't look so great right now. Fair weather patriotism pisses me off. You wanna go see how much better London has it? Go. Dublin? Go. Hell, I'd love to move back mysself but for VERY different reasons.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I'm not just complaining. We are afforded so much. Why I am stating these things, yet again, is because what we originally were afforded and blessed with in this country IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM US BY OUR OWN PEOPLE. IT'S UNFAIR AND UNJUST.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

xXaggravatedXx
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:05 AM

also you can dislike a countries leadership without taking it to the flaming extreme of saying FUCK a country. this country may be in a shitty place right now..but what this country was founded on and what it stands for and what it has done is nothing to turn your nose up at. 

everyone is entitled to their own opinion but its really quite unnecessary to take it to that extreme especially knowing full and sell that its going to be a very personal jab to a lot of people that doesn't even need to be said.

s.k.smommy
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

All I'm saying is that if she hates America that much, then she should get the F*ck out. This country doesn't need people who are ashamed to be Americans. Being an American isn't about the government. Our government sucks, but the people who voted caused it by voting for the people who ruined this country. If people don't want to stand by their country through everything until it gets better than they should leave, permanently. Just my opinion. Even though our country is going to hell in a handbasket, I am still PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN and I always will.

Quoting .Pagan.:

thinking you may have a better life in another country is not an un-American idea...in fact this country was founded on that idea..every single ancestor save for the Native Americansand the ones brought here in slavery that we coem from came here because of that idea. its pretty much as American as it comesthen if you break it down that way. there is nothingwrong with disliking where you are, there is nothing wrong with wanting to move from where you are. i am personally sick and tired of all the negativity and selfishness that is happening here. its like the majority of people lost their f-ing minds after this last election and it is sickening to see grown 'civilised' people say the things they do here. i love this country for what it should be and can be but not for what it is right now in this current moment.

my husband has fought for this country too..he has been in 14 years. he fought for the freedoms we have here and that includes the ability to speak out against what you dislike. this isn't china we can down the government and notbe shot for it or reported for it. if you look at the progression charts there are many places that you actually can have it better in than America. we aren't nearthe top ten in alot of things now. look and see where we are rated on gender equality, child death, life expectancy, overall contentment, education, health care...we are lacking severely.

Quoting s.k.smommy:

good riddance. I'm sick of people who think they would have it so much better in another country. My husband risks his life for people like you to make sure you still have your freedom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN