Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I think;

Moving to Europe after my child is born is the best idea. (Not gonna happen, but it'd be nice.) At least until the crash of America finally is complete and the Country starts rebuilding. Guess what guys? Occupy better turn into a revolution soon, or we all might die this time.

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Replies (61-70):
mommaoftwo
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Btw, even Rome fell. We are not infallible

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds good. We wont miss ya.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Well yeah, but we can still treat the citizens of our country with a little respect. The only thing that has ever kept America on top is the fact that we are NOT afraid to speak up. We are NOT afraid to take a stand. Hence my statement, REVOLUTION! Another one would put us where we need to be at least to get back up on our feet and take things back into the hands of the people.

mommaoftwo
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Oh that was to the people that were all " fine then leave, if you don't think America is perfect"

Even the grandest Empire fell and fell hard.  They used to have bread and circuses for their poor. Here if we occasionally help you from your starvation and show you some gladiators fighting, well maybe you will forget they you are not happy.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Well yeah, but we can still treat the citizens of our country with a little respect. The only thing that has ever kept America on top is the fact that we are NOT afraid to speak up. We are NOT afraid to take a stand. Hence my statement, REVOLUTION! Another one would put us where we need to be at least to get back up on our feet and take things back into the hands of the people.

Mommy of FOUR!!

Tara ~ 12.16.03  Zachary ~ 5.17.05  Rowan ~ 1.17.09  Willow ~ 8/10/11

brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I never said anything about freedom? Can you read? Do I have my rights? Some of them. What happened to privacy? Gone. Hello?! I am grateful for what I have left, but you still cannot seem to get unthickheaded enough to understand the words that are being typed. My disabled SO cannot get disability because our government says he does not deserve it. He had his left leg amputated and people are walking around with nothing wrong with them getting a check. He can't even get insurance to buy a new leg if something were to happen to the one he has now. Is that fair? Is it fair that my grandmother who was a military nurse for her whole life had her military pension taken away because they felt she no longer needed it?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Who took your freedom away? The ability to even SAY fuck America....did someone tell you you couldn't? NO? Didn't think so. Do you still have your rights? Most certainly you do. How about you be GRATEFUL for what we do have here, even if things don't look so great right now. Fair weather patriotism pisses me off. You wanna go see how much better London has it? Go. Dublin? Go. Hell, I'd love to move back mysself but for VERY different reasons.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I'm not just complaining. We are afforded so much. Why I am stating these things, yet again, is because what we originally were afforded and blessed with in this country IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM US BY OUR OWN PEOPLE. IT'S UNFAIR AND UNJUST.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Thy don't like our ATTITUDE. We are afforded so much here and people like you do nothing but complain. The grass isn't much greener on the other side.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I seriously cannot stand hearing Americans say that. I lived in Europe and guess what??? They don't really like us!! Can't say that I blame them. Honestly people are more loyal to their sports teams than their own country. Smdh.

I know they don't like us! Guess why? Because of what we do to our people and the people around us. I love the idea of America. I love the country itself, but as far as the ways of living we follow, what we let our leaders to do us, and how we've been 'acting' these past 10 years, I can't really say I blame them.

AHmom103
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Okay, then leave.

MegStorey
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM

BUMP... I am bumping this because it is the most interesting post that I have read on here in quite some time... 

I don't agree with your sentiment, but you are entitled to feel it. 

KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I am sorry you're family is going through so much. But again, moving wouldn't make it any better. And I still don't care for this extremist attitude, nor for the borderline insults below. This is where this quote tree ends. I won't go back and forth with someone who complains about the treatment of others and 5 minutes later treats a fellow American like an idiot.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I never said anything about freedom? Can you read? Do I have my rights? Some of them. What happened to privacy? Gone. Hello?! I am grateful for what I have left, but you still cannot seem to get unthickheaded enough to understand the words that are being typed. My disabled SO cannot get disability because our government says he does not deserve it. He had his left leg amputated and people are walking around with nothing wrong with them getting a check. He can't even get insurance to buy a new leg if something were to happen to the one he has now. Is that fair? Is it fair that my grandmother who was a military nurse for her whole life had her military pension taken away because they felt she no longer needed it?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Who took your freedom away? The ability to even SAY fuck America....did someone tell you you couldn't? NO? Didn't think so. Do you still have your rights? Most certainly you do. How about you be GRATEFUL for what we do have here, even if things don't look so great right now. Fair weather patriotism pisses me off. You wanna go see how much better London has it? Go. Dublin? Go. Hell, I'd love to move back mysself but for VERY different reasons.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I'm not just complaining. We are afforded so much. Why I am stating these things, yet again, is because what we originally were afforded and blessed with in this country IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM US BY OUR OWN PEOPLE. IT'S UNFAIR AND UNJUST.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Thy don't like our ATTITUDE. We are afforded so much here and people like you do nothing but complain. The grass isn't much greener on the other side.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I seriously cannot stand hearing Americans say that. I lived in Europe and guess what??? They don't really like us!! Can't say that I blame them. Honestly people are more loyal to their sports teams than their own country. Smdh.

I know they don't like us! Guess why? Because of what we do to our people and the people around us. I love the idea of America. I love the country itself, but as far as the ways of living we follow, what we let our leaders to do us, and how we've been 'acting' these past 10 years, I can't really say I blame them.

wilesmomma
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:43 AM
I'd like to live in London, but not for reasons of this post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myangelnevaeh
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,

And I gladly stand up,
God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,

And I gladly stand up,
God bless the USA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN