Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think;

Moving to Europe after my child is born is the best idea. (Not gonna happen, but it'd be nice.) At least until the crash of America finally is complete and the Country starts rebuilding. Guess what guys? Occupy better turn into a revolution soon, or we all might die this time.

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Replies (81-90):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Unemployment rates are more a combination of bad choices by individuals and overreaching by the government that create a hostile environment for businesses. Unemployment in my area is about 5% because government stays out of the way of businesses. Anyone who wants a job here, has one. There is plenty of opportunity still to be had, but it might not be on the beaches of Southern California (where I'm from originally).

Your post is kind of contradictory. You go back and forth between claiming that it's about government greed and then blaming it on outsourcing. I agree that government has it's hand in a few too many pockets, but we've given them permission to do so by allowing tax hike after tax hike and demanding so much in the form of entitlements.

Quoting jessie82087:

I love how whenever somebody complains about the GOVERNMENT in this country (which is corrupt and running us into the ground), everybody with a connection to the military starts crying "but my husband risks his life for you!" Can't you people see this has NOTHING to do with the military, or the soldiers, or your husbands. This has to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. The city I live in has an unemployment rate of 18.9%. That is RIDICULOUS. And it's all down to the same thing-government corruption and greed. I work HARD, and still BARELY make it by paycheck to paycheck. My Df has been looking for work for YEARS and there is nothing out there. Because our jobs are being outsourced to other countries so big corporations don't have to pay as much money. It's more money in their pockets, and these same people turn around and want to take away welfare for the single mother, and take away disability from the VETERAN who fought for the country.

I appreciate everything our soldiers do. To all the military wives, please thank your husbands for me for all that they have done. I don't want to leave the country, because I love it here. But it makes me SICK to see our country being run into the ground. Hard work doesn't matter anymore. This ISN'T the land of opportunity anymore.

brandspanknnew
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM

The same place the banks that lied to people went. You're right some people did it because they felt they could. But most of the banks are getting in trouble because of wrongfully approving these mortgages and loans, as well as tricking their customers into getting them. Occupy is just not about that though, it's also about how they said no more wealth for the wealthy, and they're still getting unnecessary bonuses, taking tax money and turning it into their pocket money, etc. It's about standing up for you and what you are paying for.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

They probably shouldn't have taken a mortgage they couldn't afford. Where the hell did presonal responsibility go?

Quoting midjet117:

the banks are the straw that broke the camels back. They gave out loans with low payments, that as time went by, raised. After a while ppl could not keep up with with the raising costs of thair mortgages. That caused alot of foreclosures, and then the failure of the bigger banks.

Quoting Cyn_:

I dont wanna sound ummm stupid, or empty minded, but what's the reason behind the whole occupy thing?

MissLeanna
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
0_o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:58 AM

No, I was not talking to you like you're dumb. Ill informed, yes. Showing you a different perspective. Yup. You my dear, flat out called me thick headed (I think that was your attempt) and implied that I can't read. I can, in fact, read quite well. I just choose to ignore blatant immaturity. Besides, I'm not the one who made a post about how unfair our country is and the treatment within it. Soooooo...who's the hypocrite now?

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Says the woman who was talking to me like I was dumb. Hypocrite.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I am sorry you're family is going through so much. But again, moving wouldn't make it any better. And I still don't care for this extremist attitude, nor for the borderline insults below. This is where this quote tree ends. I won't go back and forth with someone who complains about the treatment of others and 5 minutes later treats a fellow American like an idiot.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I never said anything about freedom? Can you read? Do I have my rights? Some of them. What happened to privacy? Gone. Hello?! I am grateful for what I have left, but you still cannot seem to get unthickheaded enough to understand the words that are being typed. My disabled SO cannot get disability because our government says he does not deserve it. He had his left leg amputated and people are walking around with nothing wrong with them getting a check. He can't even get insurance to buy a new leg if something were to happen to the one he has now. Is that fair? Is it fair that my grandmother who was a military nurse for her whole life had her military pension taken away because they felt she no longer needed it?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Who took your freedom away? The ability to even SAY fuck America....did someone tell you you couldn't? NO? Didn't think so. Do you still have your rights? Most certainly you do. How about you be GRATEFUL for what we do have here, even if things don't look so great right now. Fair weather patriotism pisses me off. You wanna go see how much better London has it? Go. Dublin? Go. Hell, I'd love to move back mysself but for VERY different reasons.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

I'm not just complaining. We are afforded so much. Why I am stating these things, yet again, is because what we originally were afforded and blessed with in this country IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM US BY OUR OWN PEOPLE. IT'S UNFAIR AND UNJUST.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Thy don't like our ATTITUDE. We are afforded so much here and people like you do nothing but complain. The grass isn't much greener on the other side.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I seriously cannot stand hearing Americans say that. I lived in Europe and guess what??? They don't really like us!! Can't say that I blame them. Honestly people are more loyal to their sports teams than their own country. Smdh.

I know they don't like us! Guess why? Because of what we do to our people and the people around us. I love the idea of America. I love the country itself, but as far as the ways of living we follow, what we let our leaders to do us, and how we've been 'acting' these past 10 years, I can't really say I blame them.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM

If there were actual financial consequences to giving out mortgages that people cannot afford, then it wouldn't have happened at all. But with the government pushing banks (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) to make the dream of homeownership possible for people that had no business buying a home, it was a recipe for disaster. When the free market is allowed to function, it works. But that means that people would have to stop expecting the government to act like their benevolent daddy, and most Americans (yourself included from other things you've said in this post) seem to be unable to move past the idea of gov taking care of them.

I don't agree with how big our government has become, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to give up on our country. But all these Occupy whiners want government to fix all their problems and bail them out but screw over the people that were just smarter about working the system. The banks and the entitled portion of the 99% are equally at fault for this mess.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

The same place the banks that lied to people went. You're right some people did it because they felt they could. But most of the banks are getting in trouble because of wrongfully approving these mortgages and loans, as well as tricking their customers into getting them. Occupy is just not about that though, it's also about how they said no more wealth for the wealthy, and they're still getting unnecessary bonuses, taking tax money and turning it into their pocket money, etc. It's about standing up for you and what you are paying for.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

They probably shouldn't have taken a mortgage they couldn't afford. Where the hell did presonal responsibility go?

Quoting midjet117:

the banks are the straw that broke the camels back. They gave out loans with low payments, that as time went by, raised. After a while ppl could not keep up with with the raising costs of thair mortgages. That caused alot of foreclosures, and then the failure of the bigger banks.

Quoting Cyn_:

I dont wanna sound ummm stupid, or empty minded, but what's the reason behind the whole occupy thing?

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Wait...you don't think other countries financially screw their citizens? Have you seen the taxes in, say, Canada? How do you think countries afford "free" healthcare and college?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:00 PM

The thing with the rasing of the rates, everyone knows if you dont have a FIXED rate then the bank can raise the rate at any time. if you get stuck with the arm then you should be prepared for a raise in the loan.

Quoting brandspanknnew:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting midjet117:

Quoting Cyn_:

**Mama to Kayden Lynn**

**August 28,2011**

CheyennesMommy2
by Jess on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM
How are we all going to die if the occupy thing doesn't turn into a revolution?! O_o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weatherby3
by Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:05 PM
your like a chargers fan when the going is good you want to be in america and when its bad you dont want to be associated with america are country will never get better if we dont have patriotism (plus u only see what media shows you in other countries just like america) the grass may be greener on the other side but you still have to mow it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Hey hey hey. Don't give all Chargers fans a bad name! Some of us stick with them even when they make us want to punch a duck. lol

Quoting weatherby3:

your like a chargers fan when the going is good you want to be in america and when its bad you dont want to be associated with america are country will never get better if we dont have patriotism (plus u only see what media shows you in other countries just like america) the grass may be greener on the other side but you still have to mow it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)