Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who has 'them' done?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 1:45 AM
  • 17 Replies

I got my tubes tied after my second child, I have a daughter and a son and after my second pregnancy and what all happened I decided it would be a good idea to have them done. I am wondering how likely it is for me to get pregnant again since I am so young, how much higher are my chances of them growing back together and me having a surprise bun in the oven at the age of 35?

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fourboys60477
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Not I. I'm pregnant with #4 but I'm up in the air on how many kids I want to have.

My name is Amanda.
My husband's name is Aaron.
My son's names are: Drew, T.J., Travis and Carson.

Jenn8604
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:07 AM
not i. i want a man and more babies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrissyKrissy05
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 kids, two pregnancies. I still have bad blood pressure issues from my last pregnancy..
Anyway, I always wanted two kids. We had ended up deciding out oldest would be an only child, only to end up getting preg on BC with the twins.
I love all three of my girls :-)
But yeah, my tubes are cut, tied and burned, :-) They better not grow back! LOL
Of course, if they do, nothing would happen, unless my husbands vasectomy were to mend itself as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coralbeth
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:31 AM
Is that the same as tubal litigation? I read about tubal litigation syndrome? In another group. Sounds like the worst form of BC in the world. Many of the women said they had to reverse the surgery to go back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:35 AM
DH is getting a vasectomy in Dec. No getting fixed for me. Too risky & long of a surgery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 5:56 AM
I want more (I'm pg now). Dh us done after this.

I dont know how I will feel after this one. But we have a 5 years age gap in between the 2 we have now.
I don't want to have children at 30 or after.
So we have to chat if I don't feel done after this,
Otherwise I don't know if I will get my tubes tied or he will get a vasectomy. I think we will both get it done so it's fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSusieQ045
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:26 AM
I still have high bp from my last pregnancy, it never went away. And I have diabetes from my first pregnancy

Quoting PrissyKrissy05:

I have 3 kids, two pregnancies. I still have bad blood pressure issues from my last pregnancy..

Anyway, I always wanted two kids. We had ended up deciding out oldest would be an only child, only to end up getting preg on BC with the twins.

I love all three of my girls :-)

But yeah, my tubes are cut, tied and burned, :-) They better not grow back! LOL

Of course, if they do, nothing would happen, unless my husbands vasectomy were to mend itself as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennMcBride
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:45 AM
I was going to get a tubal after my last baby but I went into shock after birth and they refused to do it. I'm really glad now because I don't honestly feel done having kids and I've heard a lot of bad things happening after. My MIL had her tubes cut, tied an burned after she had my DH, 6 years later she thought she was going through early menopause and find out she was pregnant with my SIL. So I guess it can happen but I know its very rare and people were shocked when my MIL got pregnant!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraiD83
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:08 AM
Seriously I had a friend who had hers cut tied & burned & still got preggers with twins... there's always a chance that they'll fail... as for me I'm on baby #4 & then dh is getting snipped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
witchyRina
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:12 AM

I'm just throwing this out there, vasectomies are just as dangerous as any other form of bc. It can cause early onset dementia. Never had my tubes tied, don't want to even if I decide to not have more kids. Don't want hubby snipped because, well, he's crazy enough naturally lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)