Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Purchasin a Home

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 5:24 AM
  • 8 Replies

I just wanted to find out how many mommies out there were not home owners when they had their first child. I am feeling very guilty for bringing my daughter into the world without first owning a home. We are very close to owning, but it just isn't in the cards for us as of yet. Has anyone purchased a home recently? How did it go for you? I am self employed, so even though I make considerably more than my husband, after write offs it appears I make next to nothing. So he is on his own in terms of qualifying.

Veronica Hanson
Expecting Jefri Patricia Hanson on March 22, 2012

Follow My Adventures: http://andthenwehadeverything.blogspot.com/

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:00 AM
I bought my house almost 5 years ago when my oldest was 3 and my middle son was 4 months. It was stressful then, but not too bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spcjones203
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM

We JUST bought our first house two days ago.

My kids are 3yrs and 6 months, lol.

Never bothered me. We moved for the Army a lot. So long as there is a roof over their heads, it doesn't matter who owns it.

TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:06 AM
No I wasn't I was 17. We do own a house now though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rowdys.Mommy
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:07 AM
We bought ours 1 year before we had our first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandraberke
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:08 AM
Im abt to be 25 in jan. i have 3 kids.and i rent. husband and i are looking into buying soon. but i am not sure i want to stay in the area im in or not.so first we will decide if and where we wanna set our roots so to speak. being and army brat turned army wife we moved around alot.and after an accident my husband is now in the army reservees and we r able to start thinking abt buying....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:11 AM
No I don't feel guilty. It'd be worse to jump into a huge commitment like a home loan and not be ready financially or otherwise. I'm happy renting for now. I looove my apt .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WishaTrish
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:18 AM
When I had my son, we were living in a home that my father in law owns. We were trying to pay them rent but it didn't last long. Three years later My son is now 2 and we bought our house 5 months ago. The overall process wasn't that bad. As long as all parties involved are doing their part. It help that our real estate agent knew we where pressed for time. When we closed I think we only had like two weeks to get everything done due to our daughter being born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beco8627
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:19 AM
We weren't owners when we had our first. In fact, what I felt guilty about was the fact that we were living in a crappy apartment in a crappy neighborhood when my first was born due to being tight on money. We moved out of there when he was 3 weeks old into a really great apartment because money was getting better so we could afford the nicer neighborhood. I sure loved that apartment. We then bought our home when he was 21 months and I was pregnant with my youngest. It's not awesome though because its just a condo (all we could afford, but we wanted to buy a home for that tax credit and to help raise our credit scores) and it definitely still feels like "apartment" living. My husband has recently gotten a promotion so hopefully we can start looking at actual houses over the next 2 yrs because I'm tired of all this! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)