Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you turn your back on your kid, brother, sister, husband, etc?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:55 AM
  • 47 Replies

If they went to prison for something you didn't approve of? 504 post has me thinking!!

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanChild82
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I'm with you! ♥

Quoting AmericanChild82:

Nope never.

danie24
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Depends. I don't approve of a lot of things but many of those things aren't bad enough to turn my back on someone I love.

The only way I'd ever turn my back on them is if they raped / molested someone. Even murder is forgivable depending on the circumstances.

However, if I thought they were innocent, that also changes a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyEmrys
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

didnt approve of? like sell drugs? or a horrible, violent crime like 504's brother? im afraid it depends on what they did. would i cut them out of my life completely? not likely, regardless. but who much they are allowed in my life will have to depend on the crime. 

beco8627
I don't have siblings, so I wouldn't know how that would feel. It depends on what landed my husband in prison....and never would I turn my back on my children. That unconditional love shiz is for real!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
I'm shocked that there are women who wouldn't turn their backs on their husband or brother if he violently raped or sodomized children. Gross me the fuck out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Yep..

Quoting LadyEmrys:

didnt approve of? like sell drugs? or a horrible, violent crime like 504's brother? im afraid it depends on what they did. would i cut them out of my life completely? not likely, regardless. but who much they are allowed in my life will have to depend on the crime. 

TC00
1 mom liked this
It depends on what they did and if I believed they were innocent or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:00 AM
I would never turn my back on my family. But I also refuse to enable them or help them to not accept the consequences for their actions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B

Now that I would probably kill....

Quoting danie24:

I'm shocked that there are women who wouldn't turn their backs on their husband or brother if he violently raped or sodomized children. Gross me the fuck out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)