Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My job totally sucks. Wwyd? What should I do?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:03 AM
  • 12 Replies
My surgery was moved to december 20th, from jan 5th. My doctor wants to do it before.christmas, so.i.will have family around to help around the house. My job is mad at me because ill be out for two weeks. So ill miss Christmas and new years.

I can't help that. I need this surgery. I
Tiredof the pain I have. My uterus is swollen and its got a bunch of cysts and Its painful. And I'm having a tubal so I will not have more kids.

They will not protect my job. I haven't been there long enough for family leaveact. I'm afraid the will just fire me because they are mad ill be out for the holidays.

What do I do? Just suck it up and wait til after? I'm just tired of being in pain all the time :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kngarber
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:08 AM

That sucks and is a really shitty thing for them to do.  If it were me I would need the job, so I would just postpone it, but let me tell you I would also be searching for a new job.  Didn't you pass out while working because of this??  Don't you work at a hospital?  What is their problem?  :(

cubmom10
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Your health first. Your going in for a necessary surgery not a boob job. If fired, get an attorney. Unless you have ANY inexcusable absences or they have any documentation that implys you weren't following guidelines at work, then u can take em to court for wrongful termination
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Legally, they CAN'T fire you. If you have to leave due to any kind of medical reason you have laws that protect you, even if you have't been there that long. If they do, you can totally sue them. I can't remember what the laws are right this second... but I know it is illegal to fire anyone for any medical reason. I was out for like 6 months due to my back at my last job... and I used up all my disability and leave time, but they couldn't fire me. If you have notes from your dr's saying you CAN'T work because of this surgery they can't do anything about that. I would see if I could consult a lawyer just to make sure though because the laws MAY be different in your state. Just make sure you get everything backed up with paperwork. 

Gastromama2007
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:12 AM
Yeah I passed out :( right in front of my boss.
I dunno why its an issue. I need to.be healthy to work, and I.cant be healthy without the surgery. I have been waiting for a gyno.to look into these issues, and finally I got an answer as to whats wrong, why I bleed.so much after delivering my.children, why my periods are crippling...and why im constantly having terrible cramps all the time! But my jobs being a boner killer about it

Quoting kngarber:

That sucks and is a really shitty thing for them to do.  If it were me I would need the job, so I would just postpone it, but let me tell you I would also be searching for a new job.  Didn't you pass out while working because of this??  Don't you work at a hospital?  What is their problem?  :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM

I would do it Jan 5th, but that's just me. hugs

kngarber
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Is there a way they can do it the first week in December?  That way you would get your two weeks off before the holiday's and you wouldn't have to wait??

sweettigeress
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Have the surgery. I'm sorry mama.

TC00
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I had something happen to me like that

I needed surgery on my feet, and told them about it and they seemed so nice about it until I decided to come back a week later and they fired me, I'm glad they did because I ended up finding a job I LOVE and have been at for 4 years

TempestRayne
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Honestly, I would work it, if it were me.
prissypoptart
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Awe girl. That sucks. My sister had a dnc and they carterized her uterus because of endometriosis, she felt so much better afterward. I hope they will take you back afterward hun. Just keep all of your documents. Even if they don't keep you, I would reapply, since you aren't leaving on bad terms. Good luck. I have my tubes tied too. It's not bad. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)