Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i wanted to snap, but it wasnt my business...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:31 AM
  • 12 Replies

i work at mcdonalds. yesterday this couple comes to my till during lunch rush, and theres another girl with them. the guy orders then waits for his gf to start. she isnt sure yet so he starts berating her. 'hurry up! you should have been thinking about what you wanted before, why didnt you? you never think. you just never think. i even told you that you needed to know what to order, but you dont. you drive me crazy all the time, why cant you just do what i say? its not like you think about anything anyways.........' she just stood there, obviously hurt, with her mouth all tight. he continued on.

she finally got thru the order, then asked her friend what she wanted. friend didnt know either. turns out guy and girlfriend are mcdonald employees at a different location, and get a discount but friend doesnt. so i have to do the friends order separately. guy changes tune slightly 'i TOLD you so many times, you should just give her your free meal coupon because we cant give her a half too. i told you but you dont listen, and you never think. seriously, never.' he made a motion like he was pretending to strangle her. she fumbled trying to get the coupon out of her purse and he just kept going. she never said a word to him, and neither did her friend. once she handed the coupon over she left to find a seat. guy and friend waited for their orders. 

guy leans on my counter and chats to friend, who happens to be quite attractive. so is girlfriend, but friend... wow. he continues on the exact same track...' she seriously like never thinks, you know? she just so... man, i told her and told her, but she never thinks.'

by this time i am so ready to jump over that counter and start beating him up. im so mad and hurting for that poor girl... but i have a huge line still waiting for service, and would telling him off help? i doubt it would have affected him. friend seems like a real winner too, this must happen alot because neither girl commented or anything.... i wish i could have done something but the timing was awful. if she had made any sort of move or hint that she wanted my help or interference i would have given it, no hesitation, damn the line. 

id recognize him tho, and my manager did. i might just go to the crew christmas party just to find out his name, and maybe see girlfriend and try to talk to her. im still so mad at that complete asshole. she deserves better. 

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amandaxshawn08
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:37 AM
No doubt that's f'ed up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:43 AM
I woulda thrown hot fries in his face "next"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:56 AM

What a jerk!!

prissypoptart
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Ugh. She has no idea how special she can be to someone who gives a darn that will love her. Poor girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:06 AM
What an ass.
baquick
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:08 AM
What a self centered jerk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:09 AM

ugh, that poor girl.

LadyEmrys
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:02 PM

id venture a guess that based on the accents, her and her friend are from a different country. maybe they just dont know that being treated like that is not good.

kngarber
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:06 PM

That sucks. And yeah you are right.  You telling him off will help nothing...probably just cause him to freak out on her worse later.  :(

kngarber
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I would do something like this too.  This is why I can't work in direct, face to face, customer service.  I don't have the control.  I would be fired so quick. At least when I talk to people over the phone I can roll my eyes and flip off my phone. LOL.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I woulda thrown hot fries in his face "next"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)