Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey jerkwad, You don't have forever (Deadbeat Dad Vent, chillax!)

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:47 PM
  • 0 Replies

Anyone else's exes seem to think that they can just ignore their kids for months on end and pop up with a phone call and teverything will be all right?

I have to push my nine year old daughter to try to call or email her dad now, because she knows he won't answer. She cries because she wants her dad and the only thing he could ever tell me when I asked how we should handle him calling (this was a few months ago) was "Just wait until I call, I don't know my work  schedule" and he doesn't answer when she calls or replies to her email messages. I send texts and emails about how they are doing, and nothing. no responses.

I know he gets on the net because i see him on facebook frequently.

I want to drive to texas and beat him with a reality stick and inform him that he can't keep ignoring his kids and expect them to fall in line with the "My dad is so great" crowd.. My eight year old doesn't know any better, but my nine year old isn't stupid. she stopped buying my "your dad is just working hard" line a loooooooong time ago.

WTF am I supposed to tell her, "Hey, sorry. yor dad is spending so much time taking care of your sisters that he doesn't have the time to spare for you?"

No, I can't tell her that, it would break her heart. But I am out of things to tell her that she will accept.

they aren't little forever, and the relationship can't be onesided, and I am hurting her more by trying to force her to keep it up than I feel like I would be just letting it go.  I cannot handle seeing her pain. I want to beat him into the pavement for hurting my baby like this.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)