Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court question...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

Are text messages admissible in court? If so how do I get them from my phone into a way that can be shown to the judge?

I'm trying to finish up my paperwork for court

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlecheifsmom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:33 PM

im not sure. a friend of mine has his printed through his phone company but he doesnt go to court for a few more weeks, so im unsure if the judge will take them. id say try to get the from your phone company and take them with you. it really never hurts to try. all the judge is going to say is no im sorry these wont work. its better then ohh yeah, we can take them ohh wait i dont have them. kind of thing. kwim? also, search on line with your states conditions in this matter. ohh good luck to you.

navybeauty88
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Maybe email them to yourself and print them out? Or go to you phone company and get them printed out so they are "official". I'm not too sure though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:45 PM
You can email them to yourself, but the "Official" way to do it is to get tour lawyer to suppoena them from the company. Then they can't claim that you changed anything. And the company will not even give you your own records without a court order
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JVANBEEK
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM

They are in Iowa I am not sure where you are from you can send them to an email address and print them out or sometimes they will actually want to see them on the phone. I know in the trial of my friends ex who killed their 4 mo old baby they just used her phone in the court room.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:48 PM
If you have a smart phone they have a free sms backup for gmail where all incomming sms are emailed to u.

However if u call ur phone company they could give u incomming and outgoing for ur line.
Check online or call ur local courthouse to see if they will accept them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraiD83
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Yes! I emailed all of mine to my email & printed them.... then saved them on my phone so they could see them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM
I know you can ask your phone company, and tell them that you need them for court purposes by such & such a day & they will mail them to you. Chances are that's the best way cause you can't tamper with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TC00
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM

They are, you need to get the cell company to print off the info for you

ambermarie2006
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Yeah I didn't get served until a week before court, and the phone company couldn't get them to me in time.

kngarber
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Just show your phone??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)