Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't handle it...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am watching Locked Up: Extdended Stay.  They are doing a scared straight program and there is a maybe 6 or 7 year old in the program.  The gaurds and prisoners are in his face cussing him out and scaring him to death.

I know it is the point.  It is just breaking my heart.  I just want to hug him and wipe his little tears away.

I hate that any kid is that bad.  What made them so bad.  I am just so sad.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KarmaP2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Aaawww. I think thats too young what did he do that was so bad to be sent there? When my lil bro was 7 he was BAD,he used to sneak out of his room to go with his friends,trash his room completely,pee in his closet and physically harm me and my sister. I had a terrible bruise on my calf cause he swung a pipe at me. Even though he was so bad i would never think to send him there it would only cause more problems.A 7 year old wont respond to you yelling they need someone to listen. My brother is 9 and so much better after having to go to counseling and switched schools. sorry so long when i read your post i got a image of tht boy being my brother :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Glad he is doing better.  I wonder things like if his parents are there and involved enough.  Did he see a therapist.  Ugh.  I just can't get his little terrified face out of my head!!

Quoting KarmaP2:

Aaawww. I think thats too young what did he do that was so bad to be sent there? When my lil bro was 7 he was BAD,he used to sneak out of his room to go with his friends,trash his room completely,pee in his closet and physically harm me and my sister. I had a terrible bruise on my calf cause he swung a pipe at me. Even though he was so bad i would never think to send him there it would only cause more problems.A 7 year old wont respond to you yelling they need someone to listen. My brother is 9 and so much better after having to go to counseling and switched schools. sorry so long when i read your post i got a image of tht boy being my brother :(

JMKristy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM

:(    I probably would have cried watching it. I wonder how kids end up in situations like that so young as well. Did no one ever care? Is it what they are seeing as regular? A combo of things? No matter what, it's so sad.

KarmaP2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Thank you. Im so glad he is doing better to :).. I hope that lil boy's parents sought alternatives before deciding to send him there,so sad :(.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)