Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had to call the cops tonight.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:38 AM
  • 8 Replies
Okay here's a bit of back story. Back in May I was robbed at work. Since then I'm paranoid at night when I close. I was outside the store, having closed up for the night. I was at the back of my car when I heard the feets running up to me. He yelled * give me your purse!!!! *, pushed me down when I didn't ( but not before I saw his face ), and began kicking and hitting me. He got my purse and ran. They found him 3 weeks later. He went to jail, then we went to court and they let him go. Since then I've been paranoid.

Tonight at work was a normal Friday night. Covered up busy, but nothing unusual. I looked out at our pumps and saw pump 2 was getting back in her car. Told my help to watch her and make sure she didn't drive off. She did, but I got her tag and the description of the car. That was the first time calling the police. They got her a couple hours later, she came back and paid. Cussed me out and said it was my fault she drove off.

Then later on I had a guy come in and he started to talk to my other customers. Nothing unusual. He then proceeds to slap the counter several times, yelling * listen to me look at me listen to me now. I want beer but I'm drunk as hell. What is a good kind that will get me drunkerer? * ( yes he said drunkerer ) I told him he wasn't getting any beer. That he had just told me to my face he was drunk and I refused to sell to him. He then began yelling cussing and threatening me. I called the police for the second time. He began fighting with the police and they took him in.

The third and final time was when I had already closed. About 15 minutes after I closed, I saw a big suv creep thru the parking lot. Both windows were down, and they stopped in front of the store. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck. Then right before I left, ANOTHER car did the same thing!!! So for the third and final time I called police. An officer came and sat in the lot till I left.

Just a simple regular Friday night as a gas station clerk. Oh the joys. Blech.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
victoriaherring
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:41 AM
Oh goodness. I will never work at a gas station. Especially after hearing that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:44 AM
Wow sounds like a really eventful Friday.
I don't get how it'd be your fault that that lady drove off without paying though lol. Just mad you got her license plates! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bouncingsoul
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Oh god! That sucks :(

maryjmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:53 AM
Quoting skittlebeans88:

Wow sounds like a really eventful Friday.
I don't get how it'd be your fault that that lady drove off without paying though lol. Just mad you got her license plates! :)

She said it was my fault because I didn't have a way of letting her know her credit card didn't run at the pump. The way the system is set up, it doesn't let us know till the card is approved at the pump. If its not read, the gas buzzer goes off. We cut it on. Owners refuse to make the pumps pre-pay only. She said I should have ran after her and caught her instead of calling the police. My help DID run after her!!!! She sped off!!! She paid for it, but I was cussed out and called every name in the good book by her before she left. Idc. Just so long as the gas got paid for. Lol.
skittlebeans88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:58 AM
Lol you're right. As long as it gets paid. She needs to watch her rearview mirrors better if she didn't drive away on purpose.
I bet it'd make it so much more convenient if they were prepay pumps. Do the employees get in trouble if somebody gets away with stealing gas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:05 AM
Quoting skittlebeans88:

Lol you're right. As long as it gets paid. She needs to watch her rearview mirrors better if she didn't drive away on purpose.
I bet it'd make it so much more convenient if they were prepay pumps. Do the employees get in trouble if somebody gets away with stealing gas?

Yep. If we don't have a police report filed, we have to pay for it. In other words we have to watch the store, the customers, the pumps, and remember pretty much what nearly every vehicle looks like and get the tag. Easy stuff, huh?
skittlebeans88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:09 AM
That sucks! Seem like it'd be easier to just make the pumps prepay, but then I guess the owners would have to pay for that to happen. :\
Lol, you guys must stay really busy at your job!
Are there no cameras either?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:15 AM
That's the one thing he ( the owner ) splurges on. Yeah we got cameras. We do stay busy. We are a state line store, so we've got loads of people from 2 states coming in and out. Oh and to top it all off, I started my period tonight and was cramping like a motherflucker.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)