Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong or a good thing to do?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 10 Replies

We have a few friends which children a year or so younger than our 3 year old. We just moved and are in the proces of unpacking and getting rid of a few of his toys (in good condiion) we would norally not buy Christmas presents for these friends childen nor would they for us because its not economical to buy for everyone you know, but is it ok to give them some of the toys we are getting rid of that we know they would enjoy as a 'kinda' christmas present. I would never claim it to be new and tell them its a hand me down but would wrap it so their children would have something to open. What do you think?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rstaley04
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:57 AM
I think its fine to give it to them. Maybe just put it in a gift bag instead of wrapping it??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brkr082005
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Quoting rstaley04:

I think its fine to give it to them. Maybe just put it in a gift bag instead of wrapping it??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Quoting rstaley04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:05 PM

absolutely. just clear it with the parents first. my son has a lot of hand me downs and we are not only grateful but he loves them!

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:24 PM

i'd ask teh parents first.. like hey, i have this, this and that. we dont need it and its right around xxxxx's age.

Cookie.Kisses09
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:26 PM
I'm doing the same thing :) If the parents are okay with it.. Why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Doesnt sound bad as long as they are in good condition and cleaned up some, you know like wiped down and all that. If anything just talk to the parents about it. 

MommyRach73
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Quoting Shy_Dia:

i'd ask teh parents first.. like hey, i have this, this and that. we dont need it and its right around xxxxx's age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXomommaXoXo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM
It's very sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Thanks mamas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)