Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I cope with this feeling? New mama needs help.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

This is my first pregnancy & I am hoping to get some advice from experienced mamas. 

I haven't been feeling good about myself. I look in the mirror and just dont feel good. I've purchased maternity clothes or regular clothes just a few sizes bigger thinking that would make me feel good. Nothing has worked. Bought some new makeup. Nothing.

Is this normal? Or am I just being dramatic. I am excited and happy for our baby no doubt about it. Its my appearance that brings me down.

My SO is amazing. He is always telling me Im beautiful. He makes me feel good but I would like to be able to make myself feel good.

What did you do? 

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome & hugs

I think it's pretty normal to not feel good about yourself at times, especially while pregnant... your hormones are running rampant and your body is changing faster than than you can keep up with. 

I'm glad your husband is being positive and showering you with compliments.

Quoting mamasbelly3:

This is my first pregnancy & I am hoping to get some advice from experienced mamas. 

I haven't been feeling good about myself. I look in the mirror and just dont feel good. I've purchased maternity clothes or regular clothes just a few sizes bigger thinking that would make me feel good. Nothing has worked. Bought some new makeup. Nothing.

Is this normal? Or am I just being dramatic. I am excited and happy for our baby no doubt about it. Its my appearance that brings me down.

My SO is amazing. He is always telling me Im beautiful. He makes me feel good but I would like to be able to make myself feel good.

What did you do? 

mammabear18
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It's very normal. Just know pregnant women are beautiful you as carrying a life in you. Rock your belly girl! I hope you feel better about yourself soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It's 100% normal! How far along are you? If you are past your first trimester you can get a prenatal massage. That did WONDERS for me :-) I honestly felt my best pregnant when I was in my birthday suit or just in Jammie's!

I LOVED being pregnant. I honestly miss it at times :-) hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:34 PM
I don't know if you have one there but there is a store called trimesters that has a shirt that says "rock the bump" it was my fav when I was preggers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSusieQ045
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Just keep your head up mama and know that what you are doing( making a baby) is one of the omost awesome things a woman can do with her body!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmommi42
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I refused to look in a mirror from the neck down. I am quite slim, and even
10lbs makes me feel bad. And my skin went nuts with both babies. But then I discovered I finally had an amazing ass. I did everything I could to rock that booty. Even I was aroused at my new feature. Just don't dwell on it, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR HAIR and enjoy this time. Congrats on the baby mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggiebender
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey Momma, I think a lot of women feel similar to you during pregnancy. I know I looked horrible during my pregnancy! My hair was so thick and out of control. I thought a nice hair cut would work, but the shorter length didnt help- it just made it worse! So do the best you can. Everyone knows pregnancy is tough. I spent the first 5 months carrying a barf bucket around with me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamasbelly3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Made me cry happy tears. :) 

mamasbelly3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I am 13 weeks today. I have been looking into getting a massage...maybe I'll have to do it sooner than I thought haha :) Thank you for your words...

Quoting baquick:

It's 100% normal! How far along are you? If you are past your first trimester you can get a prenatal massage. That did WONDERS for me :-) I honestly felt my best pregnant when I was in my birthday suit or just in Jammie's!

I LOVED being pregnant. I honestly miss it at times :-) hang in there!

tiffstud
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:26 PM
It's normal mama! Hang in there. I thought I looked horrible during pregnancy but now looking at pictures I looked pretty damn good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)