Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby is becoming to spoiled !! :/

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM
  • 22 Replies

He is about to be 4 months this month and hes getting to spoiled. Everyone is knowticing. He loves to be in arms, if i just set him down anywhere (for example right now on a swing he starts crying really hard). Hes getting heavy !! Hes hurting my back. When i do pick him up sometimes thats not good enough i have to carry him standing up or walking him around the house while im doing stuff with one hand.

People are saying i should just let him cry it out and eventually hell get it and relax.

But its everytime i put him down he starts.

Hes diapers changed, hes fed, hes good. He just wants to be in arms.

Anyone has a better idea to change his habbit?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angi07
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Imo you can't spoil a baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KendraCay
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM
I personally believe a 4 month old can't be spoilled. He just wants comfort. He'll more than likely grow out of that stage. My dd goes through very clingy phases and then phases where she is not clingy at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Imo if he needs nothing, its perfectly okay to let him chill where ever out of ur arms & cry a bit..
How to do it? Just do it! Lol gl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SapphireMomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
He's four months and you think he's heavy? Wait a few months.

I don't think you can spoil a baby under 9 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM

wear him. i had a sling it was awesome. he is 4 months old its how he communicates..he cant be spoiled at 4 months lol.

MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM
This. Pick up that baby. Try getting a wrap. Put baby in it. Then he's being cuddled & you can get things done. I don't believe in CIO either. That just teaches a baby they can't rely on love & comfort from mommy. Also CIO proponents don't recommend it until 6 mo anyway!

Quoting KendraCay:

I personally believe a 4 month old can't be spoilled. He just wants comfort. He'll more than likely grow out of that stage. My dd goes through very clingy phases and then phases where she is not clingy at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM

oh and my son came home almost 10 pounds so i know how a heavy baby feels at 4 months lol. a sling really disperses the weight and gives you a hand to have free as well.

KoalaMomma119
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM
The only thing baby knows is mommy. A 4 month old can't be spoiled. They actually NEED to be held. I don't believe in CIO, but the people who do say not before 6 months old.
I agree with pp's get a wrap or a sling. Your baby is only a baby for so long. The dishes, laundry, etc. can wait!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:38 PM
He's been in your Tummy for 9 months he's not spoiled you can't spoil a 4 month old, he likes to be warm and feel you close.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xMizMom2Bx
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Thanks Ladies ! Well he was a premie, he was born a month early. But I understand a 4 month old cant be too spoiled, i just dont want him to be in a habit of me carrying him everywhere ! I have friends who has babies and they are not as bad. I guess i just have to wear him. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)