Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have the implanon birth control?? Can you get pregnant while on it? Please help

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
I've hade the implanon since June 2010 and lately I've been feeling a tiny bit nauseas and the past 6 weeks ive been very fatigue and the past two weeks I've been feeling flutters in my tummy. I know the implanon can cause side effects similar to pregnancy symptoms but I actually do have a feeling that I may be pregnant, Im just hoping I'm not because my fiance and I are doing ok financially with one kid, but having a second right now would break that.
Any suggesting/advice you may have please feel free to share. I would not be able to see a doctor until January, and I've been told that taking a HPT with the implanon can cause a false negative?
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamarama84
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I do have the Implanon. I've had it since June 2009. I have had some of the symptoms as you (the fatigue and the occasional flutters) but I have yet to be pregnant. If you are concerned that you could possibly be, go talk to your doctor. It is possible to get pregnant with the Implanon just like any other type of birth control. Good luck!

morganbaby1016
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I had it for the full three years... Was monogamous and never once used back up bc. Never got pregnant.

I hope it turns out the way you want :) GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wintersdawn
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:07 PM

i got pregnant with twins on it. got it out at 6w lost them at 11 weeks go to the dr asap!!!!!

MOMMY_TO_TWO
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM
i had it for 3 yrs and never once got pregnant, but got pregnant like immediatly after i had it removed lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I am not sure. I would see the Doctor! or at least call and see what they say!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)