Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound like Pneumonia?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

My ds (4) has been sick for going on 2 weeks. I took him to the Doctor this past Tuesday bc he had a fever, a nasty cough, and was wheezing here and there. Ds had sinusitis, broncitis, and a sore throat. The Doctor gave him a Rx for z-pack. It was 5 days of medicine that works for 10 days. Yesterday was his last dose of medicine.

Today Ds has a fever, is still coughing junk up and doesn't feel good. The smallest bit of activity has him breathing heavy and coughing. the Doctor said to call back immeadiently if ds started wheezing because what he had can easily turn into walking pneumonia =( Ds is not wheezing but the fever is telling me he is STILL sick =(

I know you are not doctors and you don't know my ds...BUT...I want to know what you would do if this was YOUR child?

I'm watching him very closely. Giving him Motrine. if he starts wheezing I plan on calling the doctor otherwise if his fever stays I'll be taking him back to the Doctor on Monday.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
OBImomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM

BUMP

LyTe684
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM
What's his temp? If your suspect pneumonia DO NOT WAIT.

ETA when my son gets pneumonia he can't lay down flat. He puke up like he's foaming at the mouth if he does. Does he do that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeslieQuimby
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:11 PM
I'd say er!!!

toddler girl* The loves of my life* Quimby Love ~

moogsmom03
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I would take him back in and have them do an xray to make sure it's not pneumonia if they haven't done that already. Or it could be RSV. Which can also be very serious. I would take him back in.

OBImomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM

The thermomitor beeped at 100.5 but it was still counting up when it beeped. It beeps after 8 seconds =( and our other one is borken

Quoting LyTe684:

ETA when my son gets pneumonia he can't lay down flat. He puke up like he's foaming at the mouth if he does. Does he do that?

OBImomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM

They did not do an x-ray. I'm thinking I'm going back on Monday =( they aren't open tomorrow or I'd take him then

Quoting moogsmom03:

I would take him back in and have them do an xray to make sure it's not pneumonia if they haven't done that already. Or it could be RSV. Which can also be very serious. I would take him back in.

LyTe684
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Was his temp higher than that prior to starting the z pack?

Quoting OBImomma:

The thermomitor beeped at 100.5 but it was still counting up when it beeped. It beeps after 8 seconds =( and our other one is borken

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM

No

Quoting LyTe684:

Quoting OBImomma:

Quoting LyTe684:

LyTe684
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:58 PM
Hmmm. Could be, our could just be taking a while for what he already has to clear up. I hope its not. Good luck. *hugs*

Quoting OBImomma:

No

Quoting LyTe684:

Quoting OBImomma:

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)