Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 something step mom of a 13 yr old girl...aaaahhhhh

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello everyone just writing to see if anyone can relate out there in this big world...I am 23 yrs old and have a 13 yr old step daughter, as well as a 3 yr old and 19 month old! 13 yr olds are crazy!! WHO else has step kiddos? and what kinds of struggles do you go through everyday? Please vent Ide love it! lol

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AshleyPie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I cant relate, but man thats gotta be tough having a step child who is only 10 years younger than you. I couldnt imagine. You must be pretty tough to handle that. Lol.

CafeMom Tickers

colins_mom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM
Lol my step mom is 11 years older than me lol. That's why I'm gonna be a big sister any day now lol.

Quoting AshleyPie:

I cant relate, but man thats gotta be tough having a step child who is only 10 years younger than you. I couldnt imagine. You must be pretty tough to handle that. Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamarl23
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:51 PM

hey mamamarl23 here...Well I don't feel tough all the time thanks though, sometimes she make me wanna cry! lol But Ive been w/her since she was 7, so shes VERY comfy with me...but that's the problem is shes more comfortable telling me off then her mother...her mother is kind of out of the picture. But ya thanx for responding! :)

sreichelt26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I can't relate, but I'm 24 and have a 14 year old sister - they are crazy lol! I heard there's a step-parent group on here. I'd check them out too

FolasadesMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM

the age gap is too small. your better off being a friend to her then any kind of step parent. i would leave all disapline to your SO

she will never take you seriouse

hdecker1217
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM
The age gap may be small, but you're still the step parent and should be treated w/some level of respect and authority. On that note, though, I agree - most discipline should be left w/your SO. I grew up w/a step dad that had TOO much authority over my brother and I..... And yea, it was a very bad relationship. It's tough but good luck on figuring it out :)) I'm so not ready for my DD to be a teen! Lol

Quoting FolasadesMom:

the age gap is too small. your better off being a friend to her then any kind of step parent. i would leave all disapline to your SO

she will never take you seriouse

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamarl23
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:07 PM

mamamarl here I did actually go to the step mamas group too! Just seeing if any ladies out thare closer to my age had a crazy age thing going on like I do...Thanx ladies for the advise!! Defanitly appreciate it!

mamamarl23
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I actually did get some great advise from a mom on the step mom group, saying rather than looking at our relationship as like a daughter mother thing, try and look at it like shes your neice...and back off and let her father do the major parenting....which I so dont mind backing off and letting him do the dirty work. Because I DONT want her growing up and looking back as me being a big negative in her life! Who wants that?? I want to be a good person and help her be a good adult...Its just not easy all the time to be so posative..when 13 yr old girls rear thare ugly heads! lol aaaaaaaahhhhhhh lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)