Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dehydrated?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:24 PM
  • 17 Replies
I know with babies you count how many wet diapers they have in a day to see if they are dehydrated. How often should they go as toddlers? She's 2 and in pull ups, just about trained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffanyhyatt
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:25 PM
If she goes longer than 8 hours with no pee take her to the er
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffanyhyatt
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM
But if you think she is getting there give her as much pedialyte as she will drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggiebender
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Little to no pee in 8 hours is a sign of dehydration in toddlers. Other signs of dehydration can also include dry chapped lips/skin, headache, dark urine, constipation, and no tears during crying.

ashwa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Thanks, yeah she's getting there and I'm trying my best to get her to drink more. She has a really bed cold so she hasn't wanted to eat or drink much. I give her cups that she thinks are fun and cups with straws to try to get her excited to drink.

Quoting tiffanyhyatt:

But if you think she is getting there give her as much pedialyte as she will drink.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffanyhyatt
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Pedialyte makes popsciles. Of course you would have to wait on them to freeze after getting them but maybe yu could get her to eat reg popsciles until then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashwa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Yeah very little pee 6 hours ago. Was the last time and one good one after she woke up. Pull up was dry when she woke up.

Quoting veggiebender:

Little to no pee in 8 hours is a sign of dehydration in toddlers. Other signs of dehydration can also include dry chapped lips/skin, headache, dark urine, constipation, and no tears during crying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashwa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Cool thanks, I forgot about that.

Quoting tiffanyhyatt:

Pedialyte makes popsciles. Of course you would have to wait on them to freeze after getting them but maybe yu could get her to eat reg popsciles until then.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffanyhyatt
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Personally if it was me and she hadn't peed but just a little 6 hours ago I'd go ahead and take her to the er or if there is a dr open where u are. Because that's long enough for her to be getting there, she may need an iv. That can get very serious very fast. Better safe than sorry:) I hope she feels better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggiebender
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:39 PM

So what's going on with her? Does she have diarrhea or a UTI?

Quoting ashwa:

Yeah very little pee 6 hours ago. Was the last time and one good one after she woke up. Pull up was dry when she woke up.

Quoting veggiebender:

ashwa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Thanks

Quoting tiffanyhyatt:

Personally if it was me and she hadn't peed but just a little 6 hours ago I'd go ahead and take her to the er or if there is a dr open where u are. Because that's long enough for her to be getting there, she may need an iv. That can get very serious very fast. Better safe than sorry:) I hope she feels better

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)