Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No where to turn... :'-(

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am a mess! Last week I posted that I was applying for assistance... well today I got a letter that not only did they deny me any sort of help but they took away my insurance and my 3 kids insurance! 

All the lack of help is supposibly due to income guidlines... WTH I make $150 a week on unemployment and thats before taxes! Come on how can  you raise a family on $500 a month?!?!? I feel so hopeless.. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I earned my unemployment... and now I am getting penalized for it! I am in my third trimester and no one will give me a job.

The doctors are worried about my daughters growth and have me on bi weekly growth monitoring by ultrasound.. there is no way I can afford to pay out of pocket!! I am so upset and afraid that the stress will harm my unborn baby even more...

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladywithtwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Appeal it. Tonight, relax! Make a list of what to do tomorrow and put it aside. Lay down, listen to relaxing music & forget about it. Worry in the morning. Just calm down tonight :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I hope that things get better soon. Definatly appeal it and see if there is anything that can be done

TempestRayne
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Quoting Ladywithtwo:

Appeal it. Tonight, relax! Make a list of what to do tomorrow and put it aside. Lay down, listen to relaxing music & forget about it. Worry in the morning. Just calm down tonight :)

tiffanyhyatt
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Get into a church! Pray! God will help you, so will the people in the church. Some churchs have hope houses, ours does its a place for women to go after jail or with babies that can't support theirselves. They help you get into school and stuff and make sure u are on your feet. Good luck. Ill be praying for you. :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bRN007
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Where do you live ? They should have only taken your Medicaid not your children's. Also are you telling them how much you pay for housing. It's really important that you give them that info so they can deduct that from your monthly earnings.. My sis went through this when she had her unemployment but she fought it and got it taken care of . They took her medicaid but gave it to her kids and she also got help with food stamps. It wasnt easy she was at the office for 2 weeks straight before they got it taken care of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KoalaMomma119
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Appeal it! There should be absolutely no reason for them to terminate benefits for children and a pregnant woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NM_mommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Thank you so much! I think I will do just that.. I'm gonna try and relax till Monday and see what I can do then. God bless you for offering support to a stranger!

Duke311
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:36 PM
I don't understand how they took your Medicaid on you or ur kids. If you're pregnant, the Medicaid income limit is much higher than if you weren't pregnant. 150 a week shouldn't have taken your insurance. That makes no sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NM_mommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I live in New Mexico. All this is very new to me. I've always worked and recently the business I worked for went out of business so it left me fighting to just keep my head above water. I thought these programs were designed to help people in my situation. I will try to appeal it but I have spoke with case workers that tell me it is all due to "income guideline" and that nothing can be done unless my income changes!

camama007
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:40 PM
I would go to the office the people on the phone lines r stupid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)