Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shane... Update Dec 3 with pic

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM
  • 22 Replies

Our little guy will be going through extensive blood tests tonight. His heart rate and blood pressure are still jumping up and down, but not as bad as they were yesterday (hoping his body is regulating the heartbeat itself.) He's alert, which is a good sign... it means he's recovering from the stroke and will hopefully be just like everyone else and have the ability to feel, see, hear, touch,smile etc.

The doctors are doing the blood work, and possibly other tests to rule out other illnesses, they haven't suspected anything as of yet, but since his first two days of life have been a major struggle they wan't to make sure they are prepared if something should show up, and that they aren't treating him for the wrong thing.

I'm terrified and overwhelmed, I've never been through anything like this and neither has anyone in my family... nor my friends in real life. I hate seeing my precious baby that I'm supposed to protect in pain and suffering from numerous issues. He constantly has monitors and wires hooked to him making it almost impossible to hold him, I've held him once today for about 5 minutes.

I'm exhausted and fear I won't be able to stay strong because the stress and exhaustion will take over. If I'm not talking to doctors and nurses trying to understand everything, I'm pumping so the nurses can put my milk into the feeding tube for Shane. I miss my daughter, I haven't seen her in a couple of days and I know she's confused and doesn't understand what is going on, or why her baby brother is hooked to so many wires. Hubby & I take "shifts" for sleeping. He sleeps 2-3 hours, then I do. It works, but I so so wish I could just sleep for 8 hours and wake up ready to face whatever the doctors find, or don't find.

We still have a long road ahead of us before we will be able to go home. Shane needs to heal from his surgery, his heart rate and blood pressure need to stabilize and he needs to recover from the stroke as much as possible.

I pray that the doctors don't find anything else wrong with my son and he can go home in a couple weeks. He belongs at home with us, and his big sister. <3 I can't wait for the day my two babies are in the same place with myself & hubby. <3

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prissypoptart
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
God bless your family sweety. Hes a beautiful baby. :) I'll send a message to God to heal his tiny heart! <3 there's no love greater than a mothers for her child. Peace be with your baby boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM
I'm sorry your going through that <3 I hope your little boy gets better soon and all your family can be together soon, you're a very strong mom. My prayers are with you,have faith in god <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KoalaMomma119
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:34 PM
That literally just made me break down in tears and want to go get my baby out of his crib just to hold him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hour family at this difficult time. Praying for fast and continued healing for baby Shane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:34 PM
I'm so sorry. Your little man is so cute. I hope he has a full recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Apperently I missed the post were he had a stroke I seen the one were he had the surgery and was in recovery. I will pray for your little man and your family. I hope all goes well. Take care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duke311
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM
So heartbreaking. Praying everything comes back good on the tests & you guys are home for Christmas. Take care of yourself momma. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duke311
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM
I must have missed it too.

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Apperently I missed the post were he had a stroke I seen the one were he had the surgery and was in recovery. I will pray for your little man and your family. I hope all goes well. Take care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXomommaXoXo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:49 PM
I know how hard the NICU can be. You have a beautiful baby:) I'll be praying for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:50 PM
I went and found it its was on page 7 or 8 of all the post.

Quoting Duke311:

I must have missed it too.

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbearr
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Stay strong. I will b praying for u, ur family and ur baby boy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)