Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Don't want MIL in delivery room..

Im 23 years old and my husband and I are expecting our first baby in March. It is also the first grandbaby for both of our parents. I am my mom's only daughter so I am really close to her so I want her in the room with my husband and I when I deliver. I have told my hubby what I want but he said if I have one then I have to have the other. It makes me so mad because I am not close to his mom at all and I am highly uncomfortable with the idea of her being in the room. She has two daughters so I figured she can be in their rooms. Any ideas on how to get it across to the MAN that I have made up my mind and just want him to go with it? I honestly don't care if his mom gets mad about it but its my choice..help

by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
jbearr
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:26 PM
I totally get where u r coming from, I had the first grandchild on both sides. I wanted my mom in the room and my bf. That was it. I told him that and everyone else that that's what I wanted. U r the one in labor u deserve to b comfortable. Luckily my bf understood. The time to b fair between the grandmas is not now, now it is about u. Once u have the child then it is time to b fair. I did let her come in an visit for a few minutes but that was bc i wanted my sil to come in and i felt bad not letting his mom in but that was while I was just laying there in labor.
TheBabyFactory4
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:35 PM
This.

It was never an issue for me. I would so be uncomfortable with her in there. I'm glad she never asked

Quoting XoXomommaXoXo:

Tell him what you JUST told us. If it hurts her feelings, oh well! It's your special moment and YOU should have it the way you want it because you're going to remember it forever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saemama10
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:39 PM
I had the same problem, but when it all came down to it I didn't give a damn who was in the room or who saw my va-jay-jay! In the end my Mom freaked out when I started pushing because she couldn't handle seeing me in that much pain. I'm also her baby and only girl. My MIL ended up taking over holding my leg and massaging my back. I am absolutely THANKFUL that she was there! My husband is the BEST coach a gal could ask for, but I needed a "mommy" and she stepped in when my Mom couldn't be there. Just let it play out that day. You might change your mind, or you might not. Just keep an open mind. Hope it all works out for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarchBaby132012
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Thank God my mom is one tough woman lol my mother in law doesn't do well with stressfull situations and my MIL and mom don't like eachother

BeAmour
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Tell him that it's your vagina, your rules. He can wait outside while your mom assists in the birthing process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My3LuVs83
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Ugh I know how you feel. My ex mil just showed up in there when I was in labor and I didnt want her there! But I was too busy trying to take the pain so I didnt care that much.. What pissed me off was that my exh had just been diagnosed with diabetes and she was telling him to leave the room if he felt overwhelmed watching the birth so his bloodsugar wouldnt spike. I was like WTF??! Who is she to be deciding on that or feeling she has the right to make me go through the birth alone without him. Yup that bitch made my life hell.

Its your vagina. Its you the one in pain. Its your baby. If you do not want her there then he has to shut up and support you. What a damn mommas boy..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarchBaby132012
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:49 PM

My mil is the one that would try to take over the situation.

Quoting My3LuVs83:

Ugh I know how you feel. My ex mil just showed up in there when I was in labor and I didnt want her there! But I was too busy trying to take the pain so I didnt care that much.. What pissed me off was that my exh had just been diagnosed with diabetes and she was telling him to leave the room if he felt overwhelmed watching the birth so his bloodsugar wouldnt spike. I was like WTF??! Who is she to be deciding on that or feeling she has the right to make me go through the birth alone without him. Yup that bitch made my life hell.

Its your vagina. Its you the one in pain. Its your baby. If you do not want her there then he has to shut up and support you. What a damn mommas boy..

SarahLynn0315
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
She told you guys not to embarrass her, at your first babies birth, and he doesn't get why you might be a leeeeetle uncomfortable with her there?

Lay down the law momma! It's your baby, and your experience! It should happen the way you want it to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM
I thought it was only fair that if I for to have my mom, that he got to have his. It's not ONLY my experience, its his too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarchBaby132012
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting krayzbabylove:

I thought it was only fair that if I for to have my mom, that he got to have his. It's not ONLY my experience, its his too.

I can see where its his exprience aswell but I just am not comfortable with her in there. And her and my mom don't get along so I don't need that in the room

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)