Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Bad or Good Idea?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello cafemoms,

My name is Samantha and as of today I am 12 weeks pregnant with my second child. I think having a baby is a blessing most would agree right? Well I have a friend who can't have children because she has got HPV from a cheating ex boyfriend she got surgery and the doc messed up so it wasn't taken care of fully, she got the cervical cancer. Even though I am pregnant and sure i'll have kids later. I am willing to have a baby for her. Just want to know if anyone else has or had a similar story to this or any advice?

by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sreichelt26
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM

i don't have any personal experience, but I think it's a beautiful thing that you're willing to do that for her.

emilymarie07
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM
That's amazing that you would do this for your friend.,but how come she cant have a baby because of hpv?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRach73
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting sreichelt26:

i don't have any personal experience, but I think it's a beautiful thing that you're willing to do that for her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sherner
by Shire...Baggins on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Quoting sreichelt26:

sara_3388
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I think thats awesome. I was going to have a baby for a friend but I ended up having some problems and had to have a hysterectomy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BekkieBoodle
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Quoting sreichelt26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I promised my friend I would carry her baby she cant or she would die
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bean510
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is wonderful if you are willing to do that for your friend. Only advice would be.... make sure any and all parties legal right are taken care of, financials are worked out i.e doctor apps, hospital, and god for bid if the baby has complications those bills add up. Also if you work, what happens if you are ordered on bed rest. I would just make sure all your ducks are in a row. GL

saral2790
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM

i think it's the most beautiful and selfless thing a woman can do. srry i don't have any experience or advice but you have my support! lol =]

Baby8901
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I personally couldn't do it. I couldn't carry a baby for 9 months then hand it over, but it's an amazing thing if you can!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)