• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh!!! my kids are not spoiled

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM
  • 15 Replies

So today im at the mall with my daughters looking for some outfits for their pictures. i don't know about everybody else but i let my 2 and 4 year old pick their own clothes when we are together. so they are picking things out and showing them to each other like girls do. then some lady had the nerve to tell me that my spoiled ass kids are never gonna be realistic individuals because i let them get their way and they will expect people to cater to them their entire lives because of it. ommfg i went off on her in that store and it was hard to keep it g rated and keep my voice down smh i told my sister what happened and she had the nerve to agree with her my kids are not spoiled yea they get to pick their own clothes because they have to learn how to make decisions and what to wear is not a decision that will change their lives i want my children to be comfortable making their own choices so i let them make little ones now to prepare them for the big ones later i don't see how that makes them spoiled. idk i guess i just wanna know what you ladies think about it

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovenoahandjeff
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
You are damned if you do, damned if you don't. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I don't let my kids pick out all their own clothes but I will pre approve many things and let them pick from that. If I let them pick we'd be in the store for hours!! My oldest is soo very picky it drives me nuts. I just gather up 10 things and say " which of these do you like best?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettymama0709
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

i know right how can they be spoiled when they were spending their own money they told me they didnt want mine for me to buy me something pretty with my money lol 

prettymama0709
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

i tried that with my girls but they are so different it will not work they usually pick out clothes for each other it takes about 30 extra minutes but they get to where what they feel comfortable in so i can wait

xTattooedxMommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I don't look at a child being spoiled as a bad thing as long as they don't act like little brats because of it. I think its nice that a child is fortunate to have parents or family to spoil them! Take it with a grain of salt girl! She was probably just jealous she cant spoil her kids! :) I also think its nice you let your girls pick their outfit out and shop with them great bonding and adorable that the act just like girls and show them off to each other. Keep doing your thing girl and don't let other people ruin it or get to you! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

sealed lip

charliebean
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Psh. I let my 3 year old pick out her own clothes too. She actually has really good taste, and no, she's not spoiled in any way. She's one of the most generous, thankful children I know and I'm not the only person to say that.

Don't listen to them. They obviously don't know what they're talking about.

prettymama0709
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

i only got upset beacuse it hurt my daughters feelings when she heard the lady talking about her if she hadnt i would have just let it go

.jade.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I let my 6 and 7 year old pick out clothes they want but not my 2 year old. He has no idea what's going on. If I let him pick out his own clothes he would look like a mess. Lol, but I don't think it makes them spoiled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella_Angel
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I consider that independence, not spoiled. They're gonna have to pick out their own clothes someday anyhow right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)