Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when can you report for harrasment? *update*

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so I need some help. My dad his physco wife and her son moved down the street from me. I had a cell phone line under their plan per their suggestion the deal was I pay for the data plan and they'll pay the plan since it was a family deal in return I would help my disabled dad when she got a job. They lived here for a year before she got a job despite my efferts to get help get her one. They went crazy, the minute they called/text if I didn't reply and spend hrs on the phone I was a bitch, horrible person, and so on.
Well in november we got into a fight where my dad said he'd cancle my line if I didn't answer to all his calls (they never answer when I call/text). And he would charge me $200 cancelation fee with 6months back pay of insurance that I never asked for. Then they showed up at my house after dark pounding on my door, we don't have a way to see who it is so we didn't answer and hubbs grabed the gun as they were trying to pick our locks. In this time I had 20missed calls several vmails (phone was on silent) calls to my house line (ringer is broken). They dented my door, and proceded to knock on my 3yr olds window. He was scared of his room for 3 weeks.
Now I have changed my cell number, and anybody who I think would give it to them doesn't have it. My landline is the same #, they have shown up at my home unwanted and knock for 10 minutes before leaving, her kid calls me from his school, and send me nasty emails which I save. They now harrase my hubbs family on fb/email and calling as well and posting horrible status updates about me.
When is it considered to be harrasment? Does it have to be a daily basis, or just x amount of contact attempts? I'm so lost, hubs is deployed so I'm home alone with DS and pregnant.

*update* i called the state police and spoke to a detective to find out what my rights are and what i can do to keep them away from my family. I had to explain to him whats been going on, what started the fights and all that. He said it sounds domestic. He thinks that they are starting crap with me to get me to snap so they can file for grandparents rights, or just to control my life and hubs paycheck. he said i should speak to hubs and the Jag (hes a reservist so i only have the jag since hes on orders) and see what they can do to help me with the fact that shes a maid on the base hotel and hubs works on base, im afraid to go on base and base should be my safety zone. he said to follow the following steps

1. change my email, i dont have to read the emails so i can print them off and take them to court but nobody forces me to read them.

2. change my house line, if they get my new number either im being stalked or somebody is leaking information to them.

3. keep my nose clean because they sound like people who will make false calls to CPS trying to gain some sort of rights. but they are drug addicted alcoholics with mental illness. so they would be tested, evaled and fail. they are also not financially able to take care of themselves.

4. cut contact with anybody who has contact with them on facebook, email, phone calls, or in person. somebody is leaking information about hubs deployment and they are blocked from our facebooks which are kept private.

5. he said if they show up again now that i have a report state wide, call the police they will be told to leave. if they show up again they will be arrested. restraining orders cost $75ish to file and then it needs a court date. he said try to wait on this until hubs is home unless it gets way worse because hes my witness.

I spoke to my MIL who said if things get worse to call her ASAP and my BIL and drive to their house. BIL has a key and will let me in. She will rush from where she is in another state to go up there and stay with me. 

*Military wife since 2007* *SAHM to my baby boy since 2008*Expecting baby #2 summer 2012

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpurgeonMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Thats way beyond harrasment file a restraining order asap! Sorry mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Wow that's crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Get a restraining order ASAP!!!!

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I'm shaking I'm so pissed DH is in another country and can't help me. My MIL decided to go to TN for the winter instead of staying in MI like she promised her son in case I needed help. I can't leave my house without having a panic attack of seeing them, they show up randomly, call my house, try to get my cell # from people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gummybearjunkie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Its been harrassment for a long time. My brother sent me TWO threatening messages and i filed a report on him. He didnt do anything like what is going on with you. I would press charges now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ConnorMom228
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM
That is WAY beyond simple harassment. Call the police and give them all of the messages and let them know what they have been doing. Just because someone is a blood relative doesn't mean it's ok to treat you that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM
How do I go about getting a restraining order? How much does it cost?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gummybearjunkie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM
It doesnt coat anything. You just need to show that you feel threatened. Talk to your local police and they can help

Quoting lilmama8408:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Do I call their local # and have somebody come out? My printer is busted and a lot of the "proof" I have is emails and fb messages. Dh is deployed who is my witness of the bad night and most of their random show ups.

Quoting gummybearjunkie:

It doesnt coat anything. You just need to show that you feel threatened. Talk to your local police and they can help

Quoting lilmama8408:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM
I agree. That's way beyond harassment.

Wow. Just...wow.

Why do people think they can bully others like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)