• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me about your water birth experience.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 3 Replies

Just saw the featured post about a mom looking for a place to water birth. Reading the responses got me curious. I had both my girls in the hospital with epidural (if you wanna call it that...it didn't work so it didn't matter) using a normal doctor, etc, etc. I'm not sure if I will have any more kids but this water birth thing has me curious. Does it help with the pain? Is it easier to labor and give birth that way? What are the pros and cons? Are you happy you did it? Would you do it again? Did you have any complications? The baby was ok?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Avetay
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM
I'm planning a water birth for my dd next month. Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I haven't had a water birth, but I would love one. Water has always has a soothing, calming effect for me. I labored with my first in a jet tub and it helped IMMENSELY with my back contractions.

Mrs.Gallegos649
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my DD at home in a birthing pool, and I loved it!!!! It absolutely helps with the pain I labored and gave birth in it because it just eased soooooo much of my pain. That was my first baby and I am due in May with my second ( a boy :)!!!) And I will be having another home birth in the birthing pool with my same midwife. The labor did go fast for me and I felt it was so much better to be in the water. I could go on forever listing the pros, and I don't feel there are cons. Not for me anyways. I loved everything about my experience. I am extremely happy I did it and am so excited to do it again. No complications, I went 4 days past due, my DD was perfectly healthy, at 6 lbs 14 oz 20 inches long and got a 9/9 on the apgar. Pm me if u wanna know more. I have written about my home birth a zillion times o. Here. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)