• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in tears...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
  • 8 Replies
The one thing i didnt want my kids to ever witness is all out screaming matches. I grew up with it and hated it. It was horrible. Throwing thing yelling screaming. Sometimes hitting (by my dad) ib would hide in my room and just cry. Well my house was just a yelling ring....and here i am hiding with my baby girl in my room with the tv so loud i cant hear myself think. I didnt want this to happen to her. I was not involved with the fighting so she did not witness me loud. But it was her uncle and grandmas arguing. She seems to be ok shes sitting here dancing along to the fresh beats. I just dont want it too scare her like it did me. This doesnt happen often but when it does its big. :'( sorry for jumbled mess...but im a mess right now...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
beka83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM
So you live in the house where this happens? Even on occasion its not good. I dealt with the same thing growing up and refuse to allow my son in a situation like that now. Do whatever you have to to get out and live on your own. If at all possible you will feel much better. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggiebender
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Get out of that situation. You are an mother now-not a child. You don't have to hide in a room with your child or just sit there and take it. Leave or have them leave.

kngarber
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I am sorry :(

DestineyBGP
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM

:(

kelsiey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

So you take her and cower in a room? Im sorry but that is JUST as bad as the yelling, if not worse. When I was growing up my parents would argue and yell all the time. It was easier to ignore them arguing than to ignore my mom turning music and shit up loud as hell. Stop being a wimp and tell the to stop fucking arguing and get the fuck out of the house until they shut up. If they dont then take your daughter for a walk or something, bundle her up if its cold. Cowering in a room with the tv loud isnt going to be ANY better for her.

Kelsiey Elizabeth

Cyn_
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM
STFU

Quoting kelsiey:

So you take her and cower in a room? Im sorry but that is JUST as bad as the yelling, if not worse. When I was growing up my parents would argue and yell all the time. It was easier to ignore them arguing than to ignore my mom turning music and shit up loud as hell. Stop being a wimp and tell the to stop fucking arguing and get the fuck out of the house until they shut up. If they dont then take your daughter for a walk or something, bundle her up if its cold. Cowering in a room with the tv loud isnt going to be ANY better for her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelsiey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Make me?
You post stuff on here, youre gonna have to deal with what people say, good or bad. Cowering in a room is the WORSE thing she could do for her daughter. It shows her daughter being a coward is a GOOD thing. Ive experienced stuff like this. I have a right to tell her what she should and shouldnt do. From experience. She doesnt have to listen to me.

Quoting Cyn_:

STFU

Quoting kelsiey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sherner
by Shire...Baggins on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Quoting kngarber:

I am sorry :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)