Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I laugh at people who think skintone is everything...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was reading a post in another group is wasn't a post bashing another race or being racist. It was just about people thinking their kids look like another race because of one feature.

My twins came out light bright white(meant to be funny) like their father.I had people tell me they weren't mine because they looked too white. My girls are biracial well really multi racial. They're pigment has changed and they've gotten a little darker but yes they look mixed. 

I mean what are people going to say next when I give birth to this baby and he or she doesn't come out looking white like the twins?? Then all of sudden the baby wont be Dh I can see it coming now especially from nosey people in my like life my neighbors. Dh and I were talking about we find it funny. 

How do you feel about it. 

twin girls baby boyMy day is NEVER boring in loveexpecting baby

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xx.felisha.xx
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol got it from the AAM group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

lol yea it just got me thinking 

xx.felisha.xx
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Lol then you already seen my response with my kids. I just think my daughter looks white and my son looks mexican. Pictures she looks biracial, irl she looks white. Idk why. Maybe its the camera. Idrc, race isn't everything to me. You can call them mexican, yugoslavian or whatever it doesn't really matter to me cuz whatever race you think that person is makes em beautiful

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

Lol then you already seen my response with my kids. I just think my daughter looks white and my son looks mexican. Pictures she looks biracial, irl she looks white. Idk why. Maybe its the camera. Idrc, race isn't everything to me. You can call them mexican, yugoslavian or whatever it doesn't really matter to me cuz whatever race you think that person is makes em beautiful

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

lol exactly it isnt everything. Im just saying some people think it is. Like I have seriously had someone tell me that twins were not mine they were only my husband because for their first few months they looked white to them. I mean how can you tell me that babies I created and gave birth to arent mine? I wonder how this baby is going to look ..I guess we'll know in june. 

cLanief
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM
lol my friends(light brite white) first kid(mixed 3/4 white 1/4 black) was light and got darker as she got older she got the darker skin genes. her second child(again mixed this time half and half) was a little darker and got lighter. She has really pretty green blue eyes and blonde hair (but not white girl hair). Not all kids have to be the same pigment color. And all depends on what genes got passed on and which ones didnt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreMom523
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I dont think skin tone is everything and I think mixed race babies are GORGEOUS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Quoting cLanief:

lol my friends(light brite white) first kid(mixed 3/4 white 1/4 black) was light and got darker as she got older she got the darker skin genes. her second child(again mixed this time half and half) was a little darker and got lighter. She has really pretty green blue eyes and blonde hair (but not white girl hair). Not all kids have to be the same pigment color. And all depends on what genes got passed on and which ones didnt.

exactly sometimes I swear people need to go back to school and take biology over. It all depends on the genes. I hope this baby comes out darker than the twins honestly people can say what they want .

.jade.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I have a mixed son (black and white) and I don't think he looks mixed. He's very "high yellow" as my SO would say. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM
definitely!

I have EXTREMELY dominant genes apparently cuz both my kids look exactly the same and exactly like me... Even though one is male and one is female and there's 4 1/2 years between them... Doesn't mean there weren't other genes that could have come out from their dad's genes and they could have looked completely different and not looked like brother and sister.

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting cLanief:

exactly sometimes I swear people need to go back to school and take biology over. It all depends on the genes. I hope this baby comes out darker than the twins honestly people can say what they want .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xx.felisha.xx
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Girl, me, my son and my bf (before I had my daughter) were at the store. This lady looks at my son, then looks at my bf:

"Oh your son looks just like you! You look just like your father!" I looked at her weird and said "oh you know my sons father?" She gave me this weird ass look and walked away fast LOL. My son and my bf aren't father and son. I lol to hard I almost pee'd myself. I had times also when it was me, my bf and my daughter and I was in aisle playing with my daughter in the cart and lady goes "you're such a good step mom!" I was like "step mom?" I'm her real biologial mom. I'm not all black" lol

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

lol exactly it isnt everything. Im just saying some people think it is. Like I have seriously had someone tell me that twins were not mine they were only my husband because for their first few months they looked white to them. I mean how can you tell me that babies I created and gave birth to arent mine? I wonder how this baby is going to look ..I guess we'll know in june. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)