Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

colic experience

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM
  • 20 Replies

when does it end constant crying all day long i eat, shower my whole life is to the constant sound track of screaming baby.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Makynzies_Mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Stay strong mama! It will end...I promise! Just try and stay relaxed (easier said than done, I know) what does your Lo eat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happie_mommie14
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

ive heard it normally lets up bout 6months

Aranna
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

breastfeeding or one formula? We first thought my baby was colicky, then reflux, come to find out she has a milk protien allergy and has to be on Similac Alimentium... was almost imediate releaf once we have her that.

MamaLub
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Go to the store and buy some KaRo corn syrup in the baking section. Put about two tablespoons of that in a bottle. Add warm distilled water and shake hard. Feed that to baby. Once or twice a day or whenever they are screaming. I've also used peppermint tea with the syrup. It helps them poo. My son had the worst WORST colic ever. He drank one bottle and slept six hours. I almost cried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FolasadesMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

only breast milk.

Quoting Makynzies_Mommy:

Stay strong mama! It will end...I promise! Just try and stay relaxed (easier said than done, I know) what does your Lo eat?

FolasadesMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM

oh god 6mths. 4 more to go. oh god.

Quoting happie_mommie14:

ive heard it normally lets up bout 6months

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Have you talked to your dr?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k_and_ks_momma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Stay strong momma! I've heard it's around 6 months. Make sure you check with the doctor to make sure it really is. We thought our daughter had it twice but the first time she had a uti and the 2nd time We had to switch formulas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FolasadesMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM

tried to go today but he was screaming as usual just horribly. so i booked and took my kids home. ill go back when i can leave my dd with SO. so its just me and the baby.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Have you talked to your dr?

ebutterfly782
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Does he cry even if you are holding him? Have your tried a carrier (like a sling)? You can nurse him more often, or just let him suck, while you carry on with your stuff.

I heard the author of "The Happiest Baby on the Block" the other day. He recommended the 5 s's: Swaddling, shhhh'ing, swinging, sucking, and side/stomach. He doesn't recommend side/stomach for sleeping, but for laying. I don't know if it works or not, but what could it hurt? If there is a medical problem though, nothing may help.

I hope he gets to feeling better (and you can get some much-deserved rest) soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)