• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I get them?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
My Grandpa passed away this morning, it's been really hard this past week on us all since he fell ill. My family is super close and this is the first death in our family for someone this close. I'm thinking about blowing up a picture of my grandparents with my 5 month old and framing it, one for my dad and one for my Grandma. Am I supposed to get something for all my aunts and uncles? If so, what?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TheBabyFactory4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM
I wouldn't say you have to get anybody anything. My grandfather just passed away and the family being together was enough. Lots of hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyuteangl88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Im sorry for your loss.I agree with pp. When my dad died we didnt give each other anything we were just there for each other and that was enough for my mom and grandma. Hugs.
kngarber
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I don't think you are "supposed" to get anything for anyone.  If you want to that would be very sweet.  Also, maybe something to do for your grandma or dad specifically...when my neighbors father passed she cut out the personal writings from the sympathy cards she got and made a huge collage with a pic of her dad in the center.  It is amazing touching.  I tear up every time I read it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)