• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crying... I hope im doing the right thing

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
Meeting with ex and his new gf wemt ok. I said some things she didn't like but I think he took me seriously.
He asked to talk to the girls.,i was honest and told him our oldest, up till a few weeks ago, didnt want to see or talk ti him, that she is just getting back to normal and stopped thinking everyone hated her and she was horrible because he didnt love.her.. I wont let him destroy my daughter again.

Our youngest said shed like to talk to him today.

I told him if we set something up, and he does what hes done before.. He won't hear from me again, ill wait to a notice from the courts saying hes fighting me and well see what a judge says. He said it wont come from that (probably because a judge would give me way more than him)

Heres what im thinking because I told him its got to go slow, very slow.

*For two weeks, talking on phone only, as much as he wants, the more the better.
*for two weeks they come and see the girls here
*for three weeks they take the girls for a few hours (like 6) one day a week.
*for a month he takes them for one night
*after that, if hes been consistent the WHOLE time and the girls are okay with it, he can have them every other weekend from 5 friday to 5 sunday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sahm_of_rj
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Sounds fair to me. My sister made her ex come to my mom's to see my niece for a long time when he decided to come back into her life. He'd been MIA for almost 6 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
It,was his idea to see them here, so im taking him up on that.

Quoting sahm_of_rj:

Sounds fair to me. My sister made her ex come to my mom's to see my niece for a long time when he decided to come back into her life. He'd been MIA for almost 6 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
H.E.Smama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Sounds like a good plan! Gives your kids a chance to take it slow and adjust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squishylove
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I hope he doesnt disappoint them again :(
If he does, I think your only choice is to cut all contact and no reason you should feel bad about it, you're doing what's best for your girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treasure1212
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Sounds like what I went through with my sons bio dad . If it works out and he puts fourth the effort then go for it it seems fair . I tried all that and everything was going well till one weekend I was told my son was sick so I went to pick him up then they told me he couldn't come back so he never did his dads been out of his life for 4 years now . To top it off my son wasn't sick at all . He tried again but prior to the situation I told ex this was last chance never again will he be part of his life unless my son decides when he's older . But I don't see it happening my SO has stepped up to the father role so well in my sons eyes that is his daddy . And I love it . My son will say things like dad you and I have blue eyes and my SO will say yep you get them from me . Lol as if there was no other guy . It makes me so happy . He's been a great dad to my son and he's excited that we have a daughter on the way. Due in march .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)