Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

Okay so here's the thing. My husband has a cousin. This cousin was with a guy for wuite a while. They got pregnant, and had a baby. One day the guy gets in a car accident. Come to find out, he was in a the car with another woman, who was giving him a blow job. And had been cheating with this woman for a while. The guy goes to the hospital, has to have a metal plate put in his head. The cousin STICKS with the guy, pays his medical bills, everything.

I don't know what it was, but she finally breaks it off with him after a while. The guy, who is a total piece of shit in my eyes already for cheating on her and then sponging off of her, ends up getting into a fight with her one day and hits her while she is holding the baby (who's by then about two) and she hits him back to get him away from her and the child. He calls the police and she gets sent to jail for a minute for battery or whatever it is. She got out like immediately, but still.

THEN, this guy (who's already on parole or probation or whatever as a felon) gets caught one day for attempted robbery, got caught with a ton of weed, tried to run from the police, had a gun, and so on. He in prison now.

I just found out via facebook that my husband's cousin brings her son to visit his dad in prison.

Which brings me to my question. Would you bring your child to visit their father in prison?Why or why not?

I wouldn't, flat out. Not only is that not an environment a child should be in, but also, especially in this case, I would NOT want my child to have contact with a person who behaves like this. It goes beyond bad influence and straight into criminal behavior and disregard for the child's well being and safety.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xRockaBrittanyx
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM

uhhh.. bump?

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Probably not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM
*shrugs*

IDK? Hard to say, since it's'not my own situation or kid.

I suppose it would depend on the crime & the age/maturity of my child.

But, even then, I probably couldnt say for sure unless I was in the situation myself. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessie8989
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM
In that particular situation no, please no bashing but I take my daughter to visit her father in prison. Yes he deserves to be punished for what he's done, but he is a great father. His family helps out with our daughter on his behalf until he is home to do so. I dont believe the two of them should be denied a relationship. I really feel like it all depends on the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM
It depends on the situation, how long they are there and my childs age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hrj75165
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM
I've taken my son to see my brother. I will take my dd when she is alittle older. He isn't a bad person and none of his charges are violent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I have not been in that situation so I don't know guess it would depend on the circumstances however I would of left his ass after the cheating car wreck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

*shrugs*

IDK? Hard to say, since it's'not my own situation or kid.

I suppose it would depend on the crime & the age/maturity of my child.

But, even then, I probably couldnt say for sure unless I was in the situation myself. :-/

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

TashaB82
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM

thats a tough one... having been to jail myself for 50 days it sucks ass... my kids didnt come to see me but because I didnt have as much time as some.. someone who has years than maybe it would be okay....

krystie-tina
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Eh, personally I don't feel that is an environment children should be in. So no I would not take my kid to see his father in jail/prison. No offense to anyone who does or would, just not something I, personally, would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)