Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! OMG! UPDATE in red

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

Just want to say: I am not crazy even though you may think it from the way the post is written! Lol

I'm so excited. We are finally moving tomorrow. We have been living with my mil for almost a year and we are finally going to be free from that woman. My grandfather is renting us a trailer in the country and it didn't really let myself believe it until right now cuz any other time we thought we found a place something would happen to screw it up. But we are actually finishing up packing right now! OMG I'm so happy. On top of that I will find out on Wednesday if I have a job or not. Which when I talked to the woman on Friday she said as baring any problems I have with the schedule then I pretty much have the job. Then we can get off of fs. I think that is going to make me more excited then moving is. Oh! We get our on room again. We have been sharing with dd since we had to move back in with Mil cuz she lives in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment and there isn't even really any place to move in here. It even has 3 bedrooms so I can have a quiet (wishful thinking) place to study. And 2, yes 2, bathrooms. Lmao sorry I know this post is all over the place but i'm soooo happy right now.

Hey guys! I just decided to do an update. First I wanted to say thank you all. My grandma paid the storage rent for us and she told us not to worry about paying her back until we got taxes but we are going to give her half of it back tomorrow when dh gets paid. Did I mention how much I love my grandma? We haven't completely moved yet. It started raining yesterday so we didn't get to move our beds from the apartment so we are doing that tomorrow. Dh's aunt is going to bring her truck to help us so hopefully (fingers crossed) everything will be done by tomorrow night. I start work on the 30th, it's a fulltime position paying $10/hr with benefits (after 90 days), and I am UBER excited. We can finally get off food stamps and it will be the first time in 2 years that we will not need help (monetarily) from anyone. Trying to make up a schedule so I know when I need someone to help get dh to work and to keep dd cuz our schedules overlap a little bit but we will figure it out. I'm so nervous though but I know I can do. It's a customer service rep and I know when I get in there and start working everything will be fine but I have a week and a half to let the nervousness fester lol. Anyways, thank you again ladies and congrats and good luck to everyone who is in the same boat or looking for a place or job. I hope everything works our for you guys.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessistarr85
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Yay. dancingHappy dances for you. I know how you feel we had to move back in with my mom 3 months ago, and I can't wait to have our own place again, and not have to deal with all the drama of living here. Good luck with the job.

coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg how exciting! sounds like it is all falling into place :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflymomss
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Thank you soo much! Dh said this was going to be my year because I was born in the year of the dragon but I just kinda blew him off. Never doing that again. A few days later we found out about the trailer and with the job. I applied back in September, interviewed in October, but they didn't have any shifts open that didn't hinder my class schedule. I only had to be on campus for 2 hours on Monday and Wednesday nights and they needed someone who could work both those nights lol.

butterflymomss
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Can't edit op from mobile but just found out that mil hasn't paid storage rent for the last 2 months so it now has a lock on it. We will not be able to move our stuff from there til next week cuz we can't pay it til thursday. Plus we will have to have our phones cut off for a while now.I'm so pissed right now. And before anyone says we should have been paying it, we were taking turns because some of her stuff is in there too. I probably wouldn't be so mad if she had told us she didn't pay it but I didn't find out until I went to the website to see what needs to be done to cancel the account.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Well how exciting! Bummer about the storage, but don't let it get you down, it's only a temporary bump in the road!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflymomss
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM
I know, but she could have told us. If its not paid by the first of february it will get put to auction. It's an extra $150 that we weren't counting on having to pay.

Quoting JMKristy:

Well how exciting! Bummer about the storage, but don't let it get you down, it's only a temporary bump in the road!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki32230
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Oh how cool! Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflymomss
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! I start on the 30th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Congrats!!  That is awesome.  I am happy for you :)

butterflymomss
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Thank you so much. Everything is coming together so good right now.

Quoting kngarber:

Congrats!!  That is awesome.  I am happy for you :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)