Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need you opionions on something

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM
  • 2 Replies

For writing class I'm supposed to write a paper on drugs and violence in the media. We watched youtube clips of a bugs bunny cartoon where he gets high on ether accidentally. And listened to parts of songs with violent lyrics and also watched news clips. I'm supposed to write about why it's ok for loony tunes or things meant to entertain to show these images and the emotions they evoke. Also Do they affect peoples behavior? Should they be censored? and by whom and in what way? What do you ladies think? I need some opinions to use as examples.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Giger55
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Look at tons of Disney movies with subliminal sexual content; I think things like our war that has turned into genocide on innocent people should be shown to our children; thousands of troops overseas who signed to keep us free don't agree with the war they fight. I don't think any of it should be censored, our 20 something's didn't grow with awareness like the baby boomers did, part of the reason our society is so messed up is because reality is sugar coated when honesty creates backbones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hannahsmom238
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Quoting Giger55:

Look at tons of Disney movies with subliminal sexual content; I think things like our war that has turned into genocide on innocent people should be shown to our children; thousands of troops overseas who signed to keep us free don't agree with the war they fight. I don't think any of it should be censored, our 20 something's didn't grow with awareness like the baby boomers did, part of the reason our society is so messed up is because reality is sugar coated when honesty creates backbones.

I've never thought about that. Very interesting point of view.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)