Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you financing your home?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
Are you renting? Renting to own? Or buying your home?
Are you saving for a downpayment? Are you getting financial assistance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ebutterfly782
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM

We have a mortgage on our house. I believe it is a 30 year. We got the lower interest rate, by doing a variable. It was good for 3 years. We are planning on buying another house before the end of the 3 years, so we figure we're good on that. The interest rates haven't really gone up much though since we did that. We don't get any financial assistance for ours, besides our tax deduction at the end of each year.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM

We're renting and saving up for our first home. Most of the time rent to own is a scam. We're going to use a VA loan so we don't have to have a down payment, but I want a big nest egg in case of unexpected expenses. We also want to be debt free (car notes, no medical bills, etc.) before we buy a home.

ishie4ever
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Do you save money for a down payment? Do you spend your tax return to make a big payment on your mortgage? How can you buy 2 houses? I can't even afford 1.

Quoting ebutterfly782:

We have a mortgage on our house. I believe it is a 30 year. We got the lower interest rate, by doing a variable. It was good for 3 years. We are planning on buying another house before the end of the 3 years, so we figure we're good on that. The interest rates haven't really gone up much though since we did that. We don't get any financial assistance for ours, besides our tax deduction at the end of each year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ishie4ever
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM
We are getting II of debt ourselves so we can start saving for a down payment.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

We're renting and saving up for our first home. Most of the time rent to own is a scam. We're going to use a VA loan so we don't have to have a down payment, but I want a big nest egg in case of unexpected expenses. We also want to be debt free (car notes, no medical bills, etc.) before we buy a home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)