Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you got married...*More Added*

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:41 PM
  • 8 Replies
How did you ask your bridesmaids to be your bridesmaids and how'd you ask your maid of honor?

I'm not even sure who I want to be maid of honor. I moved here 2 years ago and at that time I knew who I'd ask to be in the wedding. Over the last 2 years, I've drifted apart from my friends, and I haven't made any new ones here. Its hard to know if I can count of my friends to be there for me 100%, but I'd still like for them to be in the wedding.

*More Added*
Here's my dilemma, I have my sister, V, Sil, B, & A that I'd like to be in the wedding. My sister & SIL for sure and V has said she can't wait. I considered asking my sister to be my MOH b/c the others aren't as close now that I've moved 3 hrs away. V is the one that I've talked to most and stayed in contact with. My sister is only 16 and I don't think she could handle the MOH duties. A was my "bbf" from the time I was 6 until I turned 20. She slept with a couple of my exes and then my at the time boyfriend. I forgave her b/c that's the type of person I am. Oh, and the fact that she's my cousin had something to do with it too. Anyway, she did me a favor by stealing my at the time boyfriend. I was considering asking her to be my MOH b/c when we were growing up we always said we'd be each other's MOH, but our past kind of makes me not want to. I've actually seen her and talked to her since the move. Then there is B. When I moved I knew she'd be MOH. We were BFF, but we don't talk at all anymore. We'll occasionally comment on facebook statuses, but that's it. She briefly mentioned my wedding once since the engagement (almost a year ago.) Like I said, V is the only one that I've had the most contact will as far as conversation goes. I'm seriously considering asking her to be MOH, but we've never been super close BFFs or anything. 1) I'm afraid she'll say no to being MOH, and 2) I don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings. I'm pretty sure A & B are expecting me to ask them to be MOH. B & V don't get along b/c they used to be BFF, but they've both said they'd be adults & tolerate each other to not ruin my big day. B doesn't like A b/c of all the bad stuff she put me through.. Its a mess. They're the only ones I have to ask. MIL said I can ask DF's cousins, but I'm not close to them. I already don't get the say so of a lot of things b/c MIL won't help if its too far from "traditional." I'd at least like my bridal party to be ppl I'm close to. I want a MOH I can count on and I'm not sure I can count on any of them, except V who has been there for me to talk to about everything b/c she moved away with her hubby who is just like my DF (a momma's boy lol.) Sorry this is so long.. I have no one to talk to about this, other than the girls listed above & I want asking them to be special.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gumbeme06
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:43 PM
My maid of honor was my sister... so I kind of had no choice haha. And both my bridesmaids I asked over the phone because I had recently moved and my bestfriends didn't live close
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM

So I have 4 sisters and 3 very best friends. Plus DH has 3 sisters who I am also very close to. So If I woulkd have included all of them that would have been 10 girls just as the bridesmaids. So I decided that I was going to have my little sister who I am the closest too be my maid of honor, and then I asked my 3 BFF's to be my bridesmaids. I then told all of the sisters that I wanted them to be included also because they are all so important to me and I had them all wear black dresses (my colors were black, red, and white) and they all got corsages so they knew that they meant alot to me and I wanted to celebrate them also. Basically I had 1 maid of honor, 3 bridemaids, and 6 'unofficial bridesmaids'. I had a really BIG wedding though so it was appropriate and worked out really well.

After I had figured out what I wanted and who to ask, I took my lil sis out to lunch and just asked her.

sahm_of_rj
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM

my sis was my maid of honor, then I asked his sis and my brother's long-term gf (who is now my SIL) and two friends.  I just called everyone that I didn't get to talk to face-to-face

Bren07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM

i was my maid of honors maid of honor. she is my BFF and i just kind of told her she was gonna be my MOH. lol..my brides maids i asked via myspace or txt or phone call cuz i didnt live in the same state at the time (though i only had moved away a few months prior so i was still on great terms with them all). we had to travel for our wedding..

sreichelt26
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I wrote them notes on cute cards - I asked my 3 best girlfriends and my 2 sisters. Two of the friends are my longest friends and the other is my current closest - we do a lot together. So it was kinda a hard decision to pick which of the 3 would be my MOH so I didn't really pick one. But the one who I consider my bbf "soulmate" is the one that did more of the MOH duties.

I'd say pick who you are close to right now and will be involved in helping you with the wedding. You are going to need supportive bridesmaids, so they should be such.

kelsiey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I got married in a court.

Kelsiey Elizabeth

katiecat87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM

My sister was my maid of honor. It just made sense that she would be because she is my sister. I don't have many girlfriends so the one friend I did ask had me in her wedding and she was my only bridesmaid. I would just talk to them see if they are interested in being in the wedding. See if they are excited about you getting married and maybe see if they are willing to help you with whatever you need and maybe that will tell you whether they are good to be your bridesmaids.

cowboysgirl2810
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I didn't have a wedding, but I am in one in June. Its my Best Friends baby sister. It wasn't a big deal when she asked, we were all at my BFFs havin a lil kick back and BFF Courtney and I were carryin on as always, and Brittany, her sis says "and this is why I know I have no choice but to put both of you in the wedding! Because if I only had one, you too wouldn't be able to stop laughing at me from across the venue!" Hahah! We both bust out laughing, and thatw as it! She later bought us both "matching" flasks that said "whiskey girl" (me) and "tequilla teaser"(courtney) lol! For our "cleavage stash" lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)