Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cholestasis

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 2 Replies

Who has had it? How long did it take for the lab work to come in? 

I went in last wednesday to my regular appointment, I had told the midwife about my terrible tiching everywhere that I've had for a week. So she had asked me to come in Thursday to get blood drawn to find out whether I have it or not but she is convinced I do. She seemed very worried which didn't make it any better for me, she said one of my results would come back on friday, I called and they were still pending.. I know the longer you wait it can be harmful to the baby which worries me Im 37 weeks 3 days and Im freaking out (its my first baby) I just want her out. 

anybody have it, how long did it take for your OB to induce after getting the results back?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JMKristy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I'm not sure what it is, so no, but please explain?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cyntchia
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM

a liver problem that affects less than 1 percent of pregnant women in the United States.

When bile doesn't flow normally in the small ducts of your liver, bile salts accumulate in your skin and make you itch all over. The itching can be quite intense. The condition itself doesn't cause a rash, but you may end up with red, irritated skin with little cuts in areas where you're scratching a lot.

Call your doctor or midwife immediately if you think you have cholestasis because it may spell trouble for your baby. Your caregiver will do blood tests to check your liver as well as ultrasounds and fetal heart monitoring to check on your baby.

Depending on your health and your baby's condition, you may be induced before your due date. This problem goes away after you have your baby, although you may get it again with your next pregnancy.

Quoting JMKristy:

I'm not sure what it is, so no, but please explain?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)