• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age difference

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 24 Replies

My kids sd (sperm donor as i call him) is 11 years older then me!!! I am only 21 and we have twin 1 year olds. I met him at 19 got pregnant at 19 and delivered at 20 and now i am about to be 22. He is suppose to be the more "mature one " right becuase hes older? but hes not hes a kid and he doesnt even take care of his kids.

Anyone else feel like they are the more mature one between the parents?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidyns_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I think we both have our immature moments but both stepped up and changed as soon as we became parents! He is 26 I am 22 I got pregnant at 17 almost 18.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:52 PM
My husband is 2.5 years older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsforlove
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM

He hasnt steped up he left us when they were born and I feel like wow really I was still a teenager and he was a adult........I grew up in the matter of seconds as soon as i found out i was pregnant and he just became more of a child?

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM

My ex was 4 years older. I was 19 as well and I was the only one who could handle parenting. Long story, but I had to leave when DS was 8 weeks old because having a baby around seemed to aggravate my ex' bipolar disorder (which was diagnosed when I was 6 weeks pregnant) to the point that our marriage actually ended at gunpoint.

lovenoahandjeff
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM
My husband is 9 years older. I'm more mature, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucasmommy503
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM
dh is 5 years older and we both have our moments but he does love being on his kid level when he can be which is not often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM

no we are 8 years different. i am the younger one and we met when i was 19 as well. we are matched well maturity wise.

starryeyez23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Dh is 7 years older then me. We both have immature moments but in different areas. We balance each other well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Yes.
SaraNicole1019
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My SO is ten years older than me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)