• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should he purpose?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:52 PM
  • 14 Replies
This is prompted for a post I just read..."how long did it take him to purpose"

Its been 2 years 7 months....fml we have a son togethe (I got pregnant 4 months into our relationship) we live together, we have been together in thick and thin and gosh darn I want me ringS. I know its just a ring and paper but I want it...should he just do it already he calls me his wife...grrrr I want a pretty ring and to know we are both on the same page!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Maybe you should just sit down and talk about where you guys see yourself in the future and see what he says. Does he know getting married is important to you?

My boyfriend is the same way except we have only been together a year. Were basically married, just without all the paper work and rings, but I know that when he is ready he'll pop the question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milf0811
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Well every guy is different, my dh asked me to marry him after we knew each other for only 3 days and we been through alot 4 1/2 years later we had a justus of the peace wedding just us and our kids... And yes that whole 4 1/2 years he referred to me as his wife, I got tried of everyone else saying oh so your single it racked me off. But then again my dh was married for 5 years and got a devorse and was single for like a year and a half then he met m me it just took him that long for him to be sure he wanted to go down that road again...it will happen, I dont have my own ring I have his grandmothers ring and I want my own ring too. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive been with my df for just about 5yrs. we now have a 7mos old and i still dont have a ring. we already know we want to be married and we are waiting until we have the money for a wedding. i wish i had a ring too, but that day will come soon enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Talk to him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I didnt get a proposal. We talked about getting married and thats how we got engaged....lol. That was 2 yrs into our relationship. Ironically we didnt get married until 5 yrs later, we had been together for 7 yrs at that point.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
NVL0707
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Lol been there! Literally! We will have been together three years on march 18th and he JUST proposed on Dec 31st. But I wasn't shy about hinting. Everytime we walked by a jewelry store I'd show him what I liked, I showed him pics online and everytime he mentioned a new amp or guitar I'd just point to my empty finger lol. But we already knew that is what we wanted. I'd just talk to him and tell him it's something that is important to you in your relationship and see where he's at. For df it was more a financial thing. He didn't want to cheap out on the ring so he had to save up for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I get what you mean but child, house,years andc years together, etc doesn't promise you a ring. I know couple 50 year together house and 4 kids and never married lol... I wouldn't want anything he was pressured into or wasnt ready for it will happen one day if its meant to be a child isn't meant as a promise, sounds bad but to me too many think a baby=ring and it doesn't lol.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenly1462
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Sadly, I think this is true for a lot of men.

Quoting NVL0707:

Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirchard
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM
My SO and I just celebrated 12 years, we are not married, nor do I have a ring.
If you want it, talk to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)