Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom friendly styles?? Do they excist?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Soo Ive been a mother for 13 months and I believe I may have looked good maybe 3-4x's not including holidays. LOL I know being a mom can be messy and hectic but Ive seen pictures of moms who are having fun with their children and still look GREAT! How do you do it?!

Im going to get my hair cut and Idk what to do I want something new and easy but I always get just long layers and my bangs trimmed. I have a long face and straight blond hair am I doomed to this style?

Also with the clothes  I don't go out much because Im a sahm but I would still like to get dressed and look good for myself every once any a while. Im always wearing baggy clothes mainly cus I can get dirty in them and their comfortable. Around my son Im all about comfort and not having to worry about him ripping or staining my clothes. Soo here it is Im stuck in mess friendly clothes that look like crap on me with a hair style that Ive had since the first grade... HELP!!!

Wont do: Super short hair cuts and dresses... I wish I could find skorts made for women :(

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amandia89
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM

BUMP!

MomaFied
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont know about hair but you could look up different hair tutorials on youtube to give u an idea how to style it maybe.....

as far as clothes, i LOVE target i always find amazing clothes on sale... im pretty conservative since i became a mother but i always like to look good......

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I've seen skorts in the women's department at Kohl's.

Quoting Amandia89:

Soo Ive been a mother for 13 months and I believe I may have looked good maybe 3-4x's not including holidays. LOL I know being a mom can be messy and hectic but Ive seen pictures of moms who are having fun with their children and still look GREAT! How do you do it?!

Im going to get my hair cut and Idk what to do I want something new and easy but I always get just long layers and my bangs trimmed. I have a long face and straight blond hair am I doomed to this style?

Also with the clothes  I don't go out much because Im a sahm but I would still like to get dressed and look good for myself every once any a while. Im always wearing baggy clothes mainly cus I can get dirty in them and their comfortable. Around my son Im all about comfort and not having to worry about him ripping or staining my clothes. Soo here it is Im stuck in mess friendly clothes that look like crap on me with a hair style that Ive had since the first grade... HELP!!!

Wont do: Super short hair cuts and dresses... I wish I could find skorts made for women :(

.jade.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I feel the same way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Amber on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I always like to look good. I wear jeans, t-shirts and sweaters, I don't care if my clothes get dirty I can wash em or buy new ones one day.. When it comes to hair I usually just find a pic of a hair style I like and then bring that pic with me when I go to get it cut.. I don't get my hair done often because I never have the time, so that's a little treat for myself :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amandia89
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM

BUMP!

CabinMommyNH
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I wear yoga pants and nicer tshirts a lot. A big thing is making sure clothes fit correctly.

I get a lot of my clothes on sale cheap at Target or Old Navy so I don't care if they get destoyed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myboys1st
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:16 AM

i know how u feel..i get dress then my son spits up on me..im like whats the point .....

sweettigeress
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM
All I can say is just take of yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM
I had the same issue. But then I decided (like you) to look great. I looked up makeup tutorials to.find something easy and cute and fast 10minutes. The people that I watch on there are "pixiwoo channel" and "makeupbyleinabaaaby" . Didn't know how a little makeup could make me feel so great. Also flat boots with skinny jeans are great!! After our religious meeting yesterday it took me all 5 minutes to change clothes and I actually looked like I was going somewhere LOL. I also bought hair clips of different kinds and I am going to play with them this week and the makeup because I am on vacation :-)!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)