Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyones husband or boyfriend....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 45 Replies

get really impatient and upset when the baby starts to cry? My husband Daniel and i have been doing relatively good with our new addition, but a few little snags. I'm currently a stay at home mom and my husband works... so with that I obviously spend more time with the baby than he does. so when he gets home he's tired and when the baby starts to cry he gets impatient and upset then he begins to take it out on me... and he pisses me off... It's like he goes into a panic... He says he doesn't like to hear the baby cry. Has anyone gone through this before?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JealousGrrl
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM

BUMP!

LiesLiesLies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
No. He is so patient.

I get upset and agitated when babies cry. I have no patience and I get really anxious and overwhelmed. I just lock myself in the bedroom sometimes.

I am working on it. Just try to be patient and understanding. It doesn't come natural to everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Renee02
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I can understand since he works all day, BUT also us sahm's feel the same way since we work with the kids all day and by the end of the day we are tired as well. You man is maybe just not used to the crying sound. Its normal. I wouldnt get too upset about it.

mrinewfe21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM
If this is your first it happens it's just their way of saying he's a little unsure of what to do or what the baby needs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM
No. Dh would always cradle DD in a certain way and walk/bounce her into a calm stupor. He said the other day that he hopes his magic baby hold works on DS when he gets here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Yeah a bit. Not so much in the beginning but dd is now 9 months and hates being changed. She screams bloody murder the entire time so sometimes df gets frustrated when neither of us can calm her down and snaps at me a bit. He just gets a little rude but he just has to walk away from the situation and let
me take over for a bit and he's fine again. I think it's just a vicerol reaction to hearing his little girl so upset but he knows she can't help it so he takes it out on the only adult there. As long as he apologizes afterwards i don't mind so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Some people do not know how to handle a crying baby, so the sound becomes terrifying and infuriating all in one. Have you given him helpful tips on how to handle her tears and how to calm her down? He might need some help building confidence as far as how to handle her.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Is he getting frustrated as you are still tending to the baby's needs? Or while he's trying to "help" you out with the baby while you shower, cook or get a break?

I could understand him getting frustrated because he's the one trying to care for the baby but not if you are still dealing with the baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SydniMomma1111
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

What does BUMP mean?

Quoting JealousGrrl:

BUMP!

SydniMomma1111
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

We are trying to get her to sleep in her crib and she cries and he feels bad but i tell him we have to teach her now because it'll be harder as she gets older. But he does apologze after!!! It also happens when I'm caring for her sometimes. But he's getting better, we've had conversations about it and we are trying to not get upset!!

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Is he getting frustrated as you are still tending to the baby's needs? Or while he's trying to "help" you out with the baby while you shower, cook or get a break?

I could understand him getting frustrated because he's the one trying to care for the baby but not if you are still dealing with the baby?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)