Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child abuse. Not sure how to feel right now.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 20 Replies

My 3 year old daughter goes to her fathers every other weekend.

This time she came back with bruises, and i mean horrible black and blue bruises on her bottom, back of her legs and inside of her legs. He beat her with a belt, hard enough to leave BAD marks. One of the bruises is 5 inches wide and 7 inches long.

I called Social services and they are now involved, so is law enforcement. They told me to take her to the ER so i did, they took pictures and X rays. Talked to me and my daughter. Kaydee said that "Daddy spanked me with the belt cause i kept getting up to go pee pee."

Oh did i mention she has a UTI... So yeah she is on antibiotics and does need to pee a lot right now.

I am just shocked. I dont know what is going to happen.

Has anyone else gone through something similar? Does anyone know what could happen in these kind of cases? I mean will he lose custody or will they just watch him carefully and still let him get her?

I am so angry that i am calm. I need some peace of mind that he will pay for this and that my daughter will not have to deal with this again. 

EDIT. For those of you who asked i have primary residential and primary physical custody of my daughter.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
militarywife09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Oh wow mama ((((((hugs)))))) to you and your poor sweet baby!!!

I would be fighting for SOLE custody after that!! I'll be praying for your baby!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

What did social services say?

I would not allow unsupervised visitation again. Period. Ever.

HistoryPixie

If you have Social Services and Law Enforcement involved then it looks like they will pursue this and he will have to answer for what he has done.  I'm so sorry for your little girl, no child deserves to be spanked b/c they had to go to the bathroom.  I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers!

amnesialand69
Omg hugs to you and little one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064

Quoting militarywife09:

Oh wow mama ((((((hugs)))))) to you and your poor sweet baby!!!

I would be fighting for SOLE custody after that!! I'll be praying for your baby!!

haydensmom4610
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM
If I had to guess I would say they will either do supervised visits from now on or they will stop them all together.

Sorry you have to go through this, Mama! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tsume
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM

they will probably do supervised visitations with him

jessimicuh
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
i feel terrible for your daughter no child should be spanked like that especially at her age. i'm glad you followed your instincts and spoke out about this. the law deserves to be involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GumDropDiva
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
So sorry, your doing the right thing

Just let them handle Him. Avoid him and be there for your Dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Omg i'm sorry I have a 3 year old dd I would have lost my mind....i hope they allow supervised visitation only if any at all but you should file for sole custody
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)