Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So mad I could spit!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
I am usually a calm laid back person. I have very thick skin and it takes a lot to bother me. But my MIL has me fighting mad!!! My 5 yr old ds has anxiety & autism. She had the nerve to say (to other people, not me) that my son has autism because I didn't eat healthy enough during my pregnancy! I am just so pissed she's out there saying his autism is my fault! You just don't say those kinds of things about a mother ever. Everyone knows if you have a child with any sort of a problem a mom at some point thinks to herself "I wonder if it could have been because of something I did". So I just can't believe shed say that shit. This is coming from a lady who told me she had 1 to 2 glasses of wine EVERY night during her pregnancy. Really??? You're going to try to say my sons disorder is because of my diet? Ugh. And I worked at a hospital the entire time I was prego and the nurses would jump my ass every time I ate something "wrong" so I know at least 90% of the time I wasn't eating crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kngarber
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

That is so evil.  I am really sorry :(

i.m.r.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Aw I'm sorry she said something so hurtful! You know you did everything you could to keep that baby healthy and growing and that's all that matters. And I don't know a lot about autism but I don't think eating has anything to do with it but anyway. She's definitely a mean person for saying something so hurtful and that was very unfair to you. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I am so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont even acknowledge that kind of ignorance.

Its not your fault. Shame on her.

mollymae09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Screw her!!!! They have no idea what causes autism and anxiety can be genetic or completely random so don't beat yourself up over something you CAN'T prevent. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spotsmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, your MIL sounds like mine...a complete dumbass! Seriously, I know this stuff is extremely hurtful, my MIL loves to try to say hurtful things, too, but c'mon, this is so absurd as to be highly laughable! The only person that her comment made look bad is herself...not to mention really, REALLY stupid. I know (again, from personal experience) how easy it is for the dumb things MILs say to get under our skin...but c'mon, you've got to laugh at the dumbassedness!

If she ever dares to try to bring that up to your face the best thing to do is to laugh right in her face and say right that that is stupidest, most ignorant thing you've ever heard.And then ask her how she knows what you were eating most of the time, anyway. That'll shut her stupid mouth up....

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I agree with the pps

She crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Thanx ladies. I know she's crazy and it isnt true. It just makes me so mad because she acts so nice to my face and now she says this behind my back. It just struck a nerve
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

oh wow, go ahead and spit. Right in her eye.

MaKenaMommy2011
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

My cousin's oldest has autism.  She ate really healthy and took really good care of herself.  Her doctor told her that it wasn't her fault and there was really nothing she could do about.  She just needed to learn about it and work with her child.  I'm sure you are a fantastic mom (I haven't meet you so I can't make a solid judgement) all I know is that some people are jerks and like to make everyone else's life crap because their's is! Stay strong and remember that you're his mom nobody else!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)