Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Whats wrong with Dora/Diego?

Posted by   + Show Post

On the cartoon post a lot of people said these were banned in thier house.

Why? I'm just curious.

My dd has outgrown shows like that, but she did watch them when she was little and other than the repeatX3 being annoying I saw nothing "ban" worthy.

Has it changed in the last 4 years?

3rd birthday. Poor thing melted in the car on the way home lol

by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
lenoxclan
by Lenox on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:50 AM

my older 2 have outgrown nickjr and my youngest seems to prefer disney of late.

but, they all loved Dora and Diego around the ages of 2/3...I see nothing wrong with it...All 3 have learned a little Spanish from it and that is a + in my book

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM
They're not banned, they just aggravate the hell out of me lol. DD loves the disney channel, so when they're on, she's watching Mickey Mouse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xx.felisha.xx
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM
I don't let my kids watch dora, diego or any other language speaking cartoon. My kids need to learn English not spanish. If they wanna learn spanish they can learn it in school. I don't see the need for it and think its not necessary especally since my son is already having speech problems he doesn't need another language.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedSoxWife
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM
It's educational, shows kids being active and imaginative, Idc care if my boys watch it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Unless they changed it, there is what, like 5 or 6 Spanish words an episode? If that many.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM
No clue. I always liked those shows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angi07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM
I don't like them. In my opinion children need to learn english first before they try to learn another language. But they enjoy them when they can get away with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Dora is annoying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brkr082005
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Maybe not even that many! What do people have against spanish?? Huh?! J/K! =D Spanish is the second most spoken language, and some jobs prefer bilingual speaking people. Eh, to each their own. I wish I had Dora back in the day. My spanish isn't the best, wish it was shoot!

Quoting Gealach:

Unless they changed it, there is what, like 5 or 6 Spanish words an episode? If that many.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Ikr, all I know is colors, 1-10 and some bad words lol

My mil is fluent and I really want her to teach dd

Quoting brkr082005:

Maybe not even that many! What do people have against spanish?? Huh?! J/K! =D Spanish is the second most spoken language, and some jobs prefer bilingual speaking people. Eh, to each their own. I wish I had Dora back in the day. My spanish isn't the best, wish it was shoot!

Quoting Gealach:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)