Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Beauty Tips!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
  • 49 Replies
I LOVE learning new things!

So, let's all share our beauty tips!

Here's a few of mine.....

1. To learn to french braid: GO TO YOUTUBE!

2. If you but an eyeliner that isn't quite as "dark" as you'd like it to be: use a lighter to slightly warm up the tip.

3. If you lose your "summer glow" in the winter, BUY BRONZER! (I seriously used to look like a ghost in the winter & JUST learned about bronzer last year).

4. If you have a "round" or "chubby" face, run blush or bronzer ABOVE your cheek bone & down your jaw line, it will give the illusion that you have a more structures face.

5. STOP wasting your money on shaving cream! USE CONDITIONER! Especially in your no-no spots! ;) You'll thank me later!

OK, your turn! Whatcha got?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedSoxWife
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileeAnn
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM
This bronzer stuff, use with foundation? Or no?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I apply mine over the top of my foundation with a big blush brush. :)

Quoting BaileeAnn:

This bronzer stuff, use with foundation? Or no?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ConnorMom228
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I like to use white or silver eye liner on the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Ewwwwwwww@ bronzer.

Ummmm buy a white, a nude, and a chocolate eyeshadow. Nude goes on the browbone, shimmery white on the lid, and blend chocolate into the crease. Add black eyeliner and wing it out, and BAM! pinup eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Also, use a loose translucent powder AFTER applying eyeshadow and blush. It makes everything blend better. Apply with oversized brush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by Lenox on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

want curls? Take a old sock, cut toe off, roll it up..

Using spray bottle spray hair damp(not dripping)put in pony tail at VERY top of head. Take the tips of hair and place through sock, now roll(much like you rolled sock)hair to crown.

Sleep on it (which is why its in a high pony tail)in morning unroll and you have curls!

also makes a perfect bun(using sock)

Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM
LOVE the eye shadow tip! :)

Why "ewww" @ bronzer? I'm not talkin that liquid/fake "jersey shore" orange crap! LOL!

The powdered stuff that gets put on (a very small amount) to brighten up your skin.

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

Ewwwwwwww@ bronzer.

Ummmm buy a white, a nude, and a chocolate eyeshadow. Nude goes on the browbone, shimmery white on the lid, and blend chocolate into the crease. Add black eyeliner and wing it out, and BAM! pinup eyes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this
1)Don't waste money on those fancy "pod" things for exfoliating (like the neutrogena one you have to by new pads for every week) go get a SOFT bristled, electric tooth brush! And a gentle clenser... works amazing to clean your pores.

2) if you have large pores/frequent, wash face with water as hot as you can handle, scrub with a good exfoliating cleanser (I like clean and clear daily clarifier). Then, after you are done showering (I usually do this in bathroom sink so I don't freeze) splash cold cold cold water on your face to seal/ "shrink" the pores, and reduce the risk of more black heads
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)