Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I LOVE learning new things!

So, let's all share our beauty tips!

Here's a few of mine.....

1. To learn to french braid: GO TO YOUTUBE!

2. If you but an eyeliner that isn't quite as "dark" as you'd like it to be: use a lighter to slightly warm up the tip.

3. If you lose your "summer glow" in the winter, BUY BRONZER! (I seriously used to look like a ghost in the winter & JUST learned about bronzer last year).

4. If you have a "round" or "chubby" face, run blush or bronzer ABOVE your cheek bone & down your jaw line, it will give the illusion that you have a more structures face.

5. STOP wasting your money on shaving cream! USE CONDITIONER! Especially in your no-no spots! ;) You'll thank me later!

OK, your turn! Whatcha got?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
MamaLioness2012
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Spoons in the freezer to help with puffy bags under your eyes.

Lemon juice rinse after you shampoo to bring out blonde highlights, vinegar or beer to make it soft. I have a nice half and half of vinegar and lemon juice. I'll shampoo, rinse then put in a little mix, then shampoo again and add in more mix and it really makes the shampoo foam up nice! Then I'll condition. It's a process and you'll smell like a salad but it's so worth it!

If you are out of blush or want an extra shimmer use a shimmery eye shadow for blush. I've also seen lipstick used for blush. Put a spot on and rub it in to make it light and even
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Never ever buy a mask!! Your kitchen has everything you need for almost any skin need! Just google recipes! Moisturize! Even people with problem skin and breakouts.... If you don't, your skin will naturally produce more oil to over compensate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM

white sugar and baby oil is a great exfoliant for legs and arms, I've heard brown sugar and olive oil is good for your face :)

Sam.Marie
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I tried this once and I couldn't do it! I just couldn't get the hair to roll down and the sock to stay in place.

Quoting lenoxclan:

want curls? Take a old sock, cut toe off, roll it up..

Using spray bottle spray hair damp(not dripping)put in pony tail at VERY top of head. Take the tips of hair and place through sock, now roll(much like you rolled sock)hair to crown.

Sleep on it (which is why its in a high pony tail)in morning unroll and you have curls!

also makes a perfect bun(using sock)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by Lenox on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I had to watch a youtube video to get it down right..but, idk..practice maybe? Did you watch a youtube video? it was easy for me...

Quoting Sam.Marie:

I tried this once and I couldn't do it! I just couldn't get the hair to roll down and the sock to stay in place.

Quoting lenoxclan:

Using spray bottle spray hair damp(not dripping)put in pony tail at VERY top of head. Take the tips of hair and place through sock, now roll(much like you rolled sock)hair to crown.

Sleep on it (which is why its in a high pony tail)in morning unroll and you have curls!

Lusty Lenox

save the date

Sam.Marie
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM
No but I saw step by step photos. Maybe I'll try the youtube video.

Quoting lenoxclan:

I had to watch a youtube video to get it down right..but, idk..practice maybe? Did you watch a youtube video? it was easy for me...

Quoting Sam.Marie:

Quoting lenoxclan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by Lenox on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM

yeah, I had to watch the video to get it. :) Want me to link you?

Quoting Sam.Marie:

Quoting lenoxclan:

Quoting Sam.Marie:

Quoting lenoxclan:

Lusty Lenox

save the date

ilovemykids732
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM

yes please, lol I am totally not a part of this convo but want to see!! please?

Quoting lenoxclan:

yeah, I had to watch the video to get it. :) Want me to link you?

Quoting Sam.Marie:

Quoting lenoxclan:

Quoting Sam.Marie:

Quoting lenoxclan:

.Pagan.

i soft headed electric toothbrush is awesome for your face :)

felt tip eyeliner is an easy way to get a nice straight line that wont smear or run later on. its especially great if you like to wing tip the end of your eye line.

eye shadow and face primer is worth the money if its good. i use less makeup and it stays looking great longer because of it.

use a brush to apply liquid foundation. it really does make a difference.

BV88
Blend your eyeshadow like there is no tomorrow... Harsh eyeshadow lines look redic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)