Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you can't figure out how to pick up your crap, Why should I be expected to replace it?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 22 Replies

I just got home from work, we walk in the door and the first thing my dumb ass sister said is what happened to my mouse and speakers? Dh and I say we don't know. She then tells us we are going to replace them since ds broke  it. 

Um no we will not be replacing anything, she should know by now that she needs to put up the barricade in front of HER COUMPUTER when she is finished using it. DS is 18 months old, and we do keep a close eye on him, we do not let him have free run of the house, and when we see him touching something he should not have we correct him immediately. 

We even offered to move the computer and desk into HER ROOM, since she is the ONLY ONE WHO USES IT, she said no becuase if it is in her room, she can not watch tv while she is on the computer. 

Ok then put up  the barricade when your not using it, you know ds likes to hide under the desk, you know he likes to touch everything. I am tired of picking up her things so they don't get ruined, she is almost 21 years old, I refuse to punish ds for touching things you don't want him to touch, when you are to lazy to walk the extra 10 steps and put it in your room. We have offered many times to help her get what ever she needs into her room, but no she would rather leave things everywhere, then throw a fit when they get broken, or thrown away. 

I can't wait to find our own place again. 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nqmochafrappe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM
U live with your 21 yr. Old sister? Not to be dumb and i'm completely on your side but she's probably tired of u guys like my sis was tired of me 2yrs ago. It's stressful and annoying to live with others, that's what makes marriage so hard! I can't stand my dh most times and he's harmless:) she might even feel superior since you're living with her...family can be tough sometimes. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KNSmommyof2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM
I agree with this. My SIL, her husband, and 2 kids all lived with my MIL & FIL and it was tough for all of them. My FIL ALWAYS found something to complain about just to try and push them to get out and on there own. Well now they are gone and he misses them, but happy they got out. It's not easy living with family or friends once you have been out on your own. My husband and I use to live with a friend before we had kids. It almost destroyed our friendship.

Quoting nqmochafrappe:

U live with your 21 yr. Old sister? Not to be dumb and i'm completely on your side but she's probably tired of u guys like my sis was tired of me 2yrs ago. It's stressful and annoying to live with others, that's what makes marriage so hard! I can't stand my dh most times and he's harmless:) she might even feel superior since you're living with her...family can be tough sometimes. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arose74
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:25 AM
I agree with the 2 comments above... if that's your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wits_end2012
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Just to clarify, are you living with her? or is she living with you?

If it's the latter, then I'd say you're 100% right. But if you're living with her.... well... it's her house and she can do what she wants. She shouldn't have to barricade her stuff.

suthernblossum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I agree with you completely. He is 18 months old, and you cannot follow him around all day long keeping him from things laying around the house. It is like electric outlets. You teach your child not to ever touch them, but still put the safety covers in, just in case he touches it when you have your back turned. It sounds like she is just being silly, and drumming up drama just for the sake of making you the bad guy.

KrissyKC
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I say it depends on who's home it is. If you are staying at her place, or moved back into mom's house and she was still living there....  she isn't the "guest"... you are.

You are the one who moved back in and I think you should be responsible for what your son did.   She shouldn't have to keep all her things sequestered in her room because your family moved in.   It's just not right.

Just my humble opinion though LOL!  :)

oh, and if it's your mom's house and she asked her to move her computer and stuff into her room, then that's the other side of the coin too, but if your mom is letting her keep her computer where it's at, you will have to be responsible for whatever damage is done.

TempestRayne
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Quoting KrissyKC:

I say it depends on who's home it is. If you are staying at her place, or moved back into mom's house and she was still living there....  she isn't the "guest"... you are.

You are the one who moved back in and I think you should be responsible for what your son did.   She shouldn't have to keep all her things sequestered in her room because your family moved in.   It's just not right.

oh, and if it's your mom's house and she asked her to move her computer and stuff into her room, then that's the other side of the coin too, but if your mom is letting her keep her computer where it's at, you will have to be responsible for whatever damage is done.

jessistarr85
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

It is my mom's apartment, and We are paying to stay here, she dosn't help with anything, or contribuite anything.      I over heard her talking to a friend a few days ago, she said that she was glad ds was here, because she was going to let him break her phone, and ipod, that way I would have to buy her new one, and she was going to try to get me to buy her a iphone.    There is no way in hell I am going to buy her a new iphone to replace her 2 1/2 year old prepaid samsung, and ipod that she paid $20 to a friend for. 

Quoting wits_end2012:

If it's the latter, then I'd say you're 100% right. But if you're living with her.... well... it's her house and she can do what she wants. She shouldn't have to barricade her stuff.

jessistarr85
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM

My mom liked the idea of it going in her room, and since we offered to move it, my mom has told her she has to deal with it from now on.

And as far as her things needing to be in her room, she smokes and leaves packs of open cigs and lighters  everywhere, she will just tuck them into the couch, and ds has found them several times. We made it clear that we will no longer be nice and pick them up and put them safely in her room. Every time we find them now we take them out to the trash. I refuse to buy her new ones. She throws a fit and goes to my mom, my mom tells her the same thing, she should have picked up her things, it is not everyone elses job to pick up after her, or replace damaged things or things that have been thrown away. 

HollyBerry727
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Wow. What a little brat. I would have laughed really loud so she would no I heard it.

Quoting jessistarr85:

It is my mom's apartment, and We are paying to stay here, she dosn't help with anything, or contribuite anything.      I over heard her talking to a friend a few days ago, she said that she was glad ds was here, because she was going to let him break her phone, and ipod, that way I would have to buy her new one, and she was going to try to get me to buy her a iphone.    There is no way in hell I am going to buy her a new iphone to replace her 2 1/2 year old prepaid samsung, and ipod that she paid $20 to a friend for. 

Quoting wits_end2012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)